Garden District Walking Tour
We offer very personalized and detailed tours with guides who are licensed, knowledgable, and bilingual. You will visit the Lafayette Cemetery #1 and learn the burial process of New Orleans' tombs and their significance. Currently the cemetery is closed but we see the tombs from the exterior. You will also visit some of the more famous tombs in the cemetery and hear their stories. Afterwards you will be visiting the beautiful and famous houses of the Garden District and listen to the history of the area. You will pass by Sandra Bullock's, John Goodman's, and Anne Rice's house. You will also visit the 3 confederate houses of the Garden District including where Jefferson Davis, the president of the confederacy, died.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bilingual Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lafayette Cemetery No.1, Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130
Visit the oldest municipal cemetery in New Orleans. Currently the cemetery is closed. We walk along the exterior and see the tombs throuhh gates. You will learn how the tombs of New Orleans work and visit the famous and historically significant tombs of the cemetery.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Garden District, St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130-5968
Will will spend about 1.5 hours and visiting the beautiful and historic buildings of the oldest residential neighborhood within city limits of the entire United States.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :2727 Prytania St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.