Gastronomic Safari in Oaxaca Market
Our tour is planned by a team of lovers of gastronomy, The @Etnofood team, developed a complete platform where we want any lover of food and unique culinary experiences to fully enjoy the culinary heritage of Mexico.
We plan this experience with two years of research, if you take this experience you will meet people who preserve the gastronomic culture of Oaxaca, the vendors always offer us a unique experience of living the flavors in an unparalleled way, because the same producers will talk to us and share us of his wisdom.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water - A "Pre-Hispanic Drink" tejate will be offered
- Snacks - A "Tepache or Pulque" will be offered
What's excluded :
We have designed the best culinary tour through the largest and most diverse market in the south-east of Mexico, so that you can live this experience, an unparalleled experience through the tastiest corners of deep Oaxaca.
Our tour begins at our headquarters called @Etnofood, a social initiative to promote the dissemination of the gastronomic heritage of Oaxaca and share the ancient knowledge of pre-Hispanic cuisine of Oaxaca, we will begin our journey to the food supply center walking through the most emblematic places of our city, when we arrive at the supply center we will walk through aisles, vendors, craft stalls, chocolate shops, greengrocers and butchers.
On the tour, you will have the opportunity to try a delicious téjate (pre-Hispanic cocoa drink), you will try some tasty tamalitos or placental tacos, we will introduce you to our artisan friends, horticulturists and friends of producing years from different regions of Oaxaca, indigenous proud of their roots and his tongue.
Finally, we will return to the city on foot and we will go to a traditional refreshment to taste natural flavors of organic and traditional fruits of Oaxaca.
• Basilica de la Soledad, Independencia at Galeana, Oaxaca Mexico
• Mercado de Abastos, Lazaro Cardenas 2305, Oaxaca Mexico
Departure Point :Murguía 407, RUTA INDEPENDENCIA, Centro, 68000 Oaxaca de Juárez, Oax., Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers who cannot walk more than two hours.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.