Gastronomic Tours of Lima by Bike
See, learn and taste more in less time. Try the best flavours of our wordly recognised Peruvian cuisine, along an exciting bicycle journey through the Districts of Miraflores, San Isidro and Barranco. Experienced and entertaining Gastronomic Guides will lead the way to help you uncover and appreciate an unforgettable experience where you will meet some of the founders and leaders of modern Peruvian cuisine, as well as the city's best-kept secrets.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- All activities
- Local and professional guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
What's excluded :
- The tour starts at 9:00am or 2:30pm, depending of the turn chosen. The route starts and finishes on the office and is in charge of a professional and prepared gastronomic guide. In addition, there is a security personal who is in charge of the safety of the tourist during the route.
We have two routes, in case of Miraflores the first stop is in “El Chinito” Huarique, where we can taste a diversity of a typical breakfast of Peruvian coast people. Then, we continue to the San Isidro market. On the road the guide will talk about the Kennedy park history, the Larco family, Jose Pardo and the gastronomic history while we ride by the cycling road of the pier. Arrived on the market the tourist could taste fresh Peruvian fruits.The next stop is in “El Rincon del Bigote” seafood and “Cremoladas Curich” where the tourist will taste a big variety of fruit flavours typical from Peru. Finishing in Curich we go to the Love park. Coming back to the office, we end with the route with a delicious appetizer.
In Barranco the tour starts with the Surquillo market where the guide talks about the factors and changes that suffer the formal markets nowadays after the Spanish people and the tourist could taste fresh Peruvian fruits. Our second stop is in “La Florentina” ice cream located outside the market boulevard where can enjoy different flavors of artisanal ice creams made with typical fruits and rare flavors like albahaca, palta, aji, etc. Continue to Barranco and stops in “Café Tostado” where the tourist can taste popular and traditional food (Sancochado, pato a la naranja, camote frito, frejoles, etc). Then we go to taste seafood in “Mi Peru” famous specially for “Caldo de Cangrejo”. The guide will talk about the pre-Hispanic and the colon’s which bring new ingredients and culinary techniques from Europe and Asia. After these restaurants we go to the principal Barranco square where we can visit the bright of sights, a traditional tavern named “Juanito” where the tourist can take photos.
Finishing this tour, we continue by the Barranco pier returning to Miraflores and eat a delicious appetizer on the office.
This experience will allow to learn about the big variety of ingredients from the coast, highlands and the jungle. With this, the tourist could make sure why Lima is now considering the new capital of the gastronomy in the Americas.
Departure Point :Av 28 de Julio 414, Cercado de Lima 15074, Peru
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.