Geneva Lake Shore Path: Uncover 21 miles of stories on a self-guided audio tour
The shore path has been an integral part of life on Geneva Lake for hundreds of years – and because it’s rich in history and uniquely accessible to the public, there are 21 miles of stories along it. Let me share my favorites with you on this self-guided GPS walk.
You'll find out how some of the owners of the incredible lakeshore estates made their fortunes and were able to build such magnificent homes. These titans of the beer, washing machine, chewing gum and even bicycle industries took refuge here after the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, while the city was rebuilt, in the process they made Geneva Lake one of the Midwest’s favorite vacation destinations.
This tour covers the entire Geneva Lake Shore Path. You can start and end it at any point and come back to it as many times as you like. Whether you go for a long walk or a short one, there are plenty of restaurants and bars to relax at when you get back to one of the three lakeside towns.
per adult from
30 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this self-guided GPS tour in English
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Geneva Lake Shore Path, Lake Geneva, WI
This self-guided GPS tour follows the shore path.
Pass By: Geneva Lake, Lake Geneva, WI
The tour follows the Geneva Lake shore path with stunning views of the lake all around.
Pass By: Black Point Estate, 4270 Southland Rd, Lake Geneva, WI 53147
The tour passes by the Black Point Estate and Garden.
Pass By: Big Foot Beach State Park, 1452 Hwy H, Lake Geneva, WI 53147
The tour passes by the Big Foot Beach State Park.
Pass By: Williams Bay Beach, E Geneva Street, Williams Bay, WI 53191-9510
The tour passes by Williams Bay Beach.
Pass By: Lake Geneva Public Beach, Lake Geneva, WI 53147, USA
The tour passes by the Lake Geneva Public Beach.
Departure Point :Geneva Lake, Wisconsin, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/15/2018 - 2/20/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.