Genoa Traditional Street Food and City Sightseeing Tour with Local Guide
Do not miss the opportunity to marvel at the highlights of the historical centre of Genoa, while savouring the delicacies of the Ligurian cuisine and while listening to the stories that your local guide will tell you of the city. The Street Food tour of Genoa is a unique experience that will let you try the main dishes of Genoa on the go! You will meet your local guide at the Old Port of Genoa, and from here you will start you multi-sensorial experience. Enjoy some freshly fried seafood, typical of cities by the sea. Then follow the scent of basil to your next stop, where you will see how pesto is made a try some freshly made! Walk across the main squares of Genoa, Piazza San Lorenzo and Piazza De Ferrari and enjoy some typical flat bread, flavoured with oil, onions or olives. If you have a sweet tooth, this is your moment! Enjoy some Italian Gelato and a traditional Ligurian cookie called Canestrelli, in English “little baskets”. This experience will involve all five your senses!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Food and Drinks
- Professional local guide
What's excluded :
- Admission tickets to the attractions are not included (the tour is outdoor)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Old Port, Calata Molo Vecchio 15 Magazzini del Cotone, Modulo 5, 16128, Genoa Italy
You will meet your local guide at the Old Port of Genoa, by the vessel called Neptune. From here your street food tour will start by going in the typical alleys, Caruggi.
Pass By: Caruggi Genoa, Genoa Italy
Caruggio is Ligurian dialect for alley. Genoa is a maze of alleyways where you can get lost in the local beauties. Here you may taste some typical Fried Seafood and pesto.
Pass By: Piazza Raffaele De Ferrari, 16123, Genoa Italy
Piazza De Ferrari is the heart of Genoa, it's renowned by its majestic fountain in the centre of the plaza.
Pass By: Piazza Corvetto, 16122, Genoa Italy
Piazza Corvetto is an elegant square of Genoa, with a famous bronze statue of one of the kings of Italy, Vittorio Emanuele II.
Pass By: Via Giuseppe Garibaldi, West from Piazza Fontane Marose Maddalena, Genoa Italy
Via Garibaldi is the most important street of Genoa, where you can marvel at the elegant facades of the Rolli Palaces, a complex of Royal apartments for the aristocrats of the Renaissance.
Pass By: Cattedrale di San Lorenzo - Duomo di Genova, Piazza san lorenzo Piazza San Lorenzo, 16123, Genoa Italy
Arriving in Piazza San Lorenzo you can find the main Cathedral of Genoa and is dedicated to Saint Lawrence. It was built between the XII and XIV century and is a mix of Romanesque and Gothic style.
Departure Point :Neptune, Porto antico, Molo Ponte Calvi, 16124 Genova GE, Italy
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Please specify in case of any allergy, intolerance or special diet.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.