George Washington's Distillery & Gristmill Tour at Mount Vernon
Your visit to George Washington's Mount Vernon is not complete without visiting his Distillery & Gristmill. Located 2.7 miles (5 km) from Mount Vernon, these fully functioning reconstructed buildings provide ongoing demonstrations of Washington's successful whiskey distilling operations. In 1799, he operated one of the largest whiskey distilleries in America-- a tradition we continue today. George Washington's Rye Whiskey, produced on site at this distillery, is the official state spirit of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
At the adjacent Gristmill, see how he produced flour and cornmeal using the innovative Oliver Evans system.
Admission to both sites is included in general admission to Mount Vernon, or you may purchase a separate ticket to visit these sites only. The sites are open from April 1 through October 31.
per adult from
What's included :
- Distillery and Grist Mill Admission
- Entry/Admission - George Washington's Distillery & Gristmill
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Product samples
- Admission to George Washington's Mount Vernon estate
- Visit: George Washington's Distillery & Gristmill, 5514 Mount Vernon Memorial Hwy, Mount Vernon, VA 22309-3327
George Washington's Distillery & Gristmill is located at 5514 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, approximately 3 miles (5km) from George Washington's Mount Vernon. Tours of the distillery and gristmill are provided by costumed interpreters daily on an ongoing basis. Pre-purchase your ticket to visit only these sites only (admission is included with entrance ticket to Mount Vernon).
Free parking is available on site. When you arrive, enter the Gristmill Shop to exchange your ticket voucher for an admission ticket. From there, begin your tour at the Gristmill. Due to Virginia law, we are unable to provide tastings of the products. However, small servings of whiskey are available for purchase at the Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant, and bottles of whiskey and gristmill products are available for purchase in the Shops.
Departure Point :George Washington's Distillery & Gristmill
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.