Ger District of Ulaanbaatar Private Day Tour Including Lunch
Ulaanbaatar’s ger district is home to hundreds of thousand of people, packed tightly in astonishing density, which is also what the city used to look like before the old Soviet apartments started declaring itself. A ger district is a narrow alleyway formed by joining together household fences. When you hear people speak of “the ger district,” they often refer to the neighborhoods formed by these alleys. This tour will take you to visit the renowned ger district of Ulaanbaatar for a day!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Personal expense
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Travel and medical insurance
- Optional activity and additional services
- Ulaanbaatar’s less prosperous ger districts are far on the mountain and cramped; however, they are still an important part of the city’s history. Each ger district has its own name and characters with its own set of stories. Your private tour guide will meet you or your small and intimate group at the location of your choice in Ulaanbaatar, and then travel to Gandantegchilen Monastery where everyone attends the daily ancient ritual of Buddhism.
You will see a very different side of Ulaanbaatar that most tourists do not experience. Meet local inhabitants of this less-prosperous area and learn about what daily life is like for them. Learn about the history and culture of the area from your guide as you wind through the narrow lanes and alleyways, walk down the hill, and stop at the local factories and shops.
Although this tour will include more of the local lifestyle and area of Ger district than any other standard city sightseeing tour, you will not leave Ulaanbaatar without visiting iconic attractions such as Bogd Khan's Palace Museum, Mongolian National Modern Art Gallery, Gandantegchinlen Monastery, Migjid Janraisig Sum, Bogd Khan Uul National Park, and Genghis Khan Square.
In addition to showing you beautiful Ulaanbaatar, your knowledgeable private guide could converse with you about anything from culture to culinary art and from politics to quantum physics. After a taste of Ulaanbaatar, you will be transferred back to the location of your choice in the city.
Departure Point :Location of your choice in Ulaanbaatar city
Departure Time :8:50 AM
Return Detail :Location of your choice in Ulaanbaatar city
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.