Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking - 9 Days
One of the major highlight of this trek is to see watch the sunrise from Poon Hill, 3210m, a one hour climb from Ghorepani, 2855m. The suns first rays touching the peaks of the Dhaulagiri, Annapurna , Nilgiri and other famous mountains of the Annapurna range, reflect in shades of red, orange and pink; a truly magnificent view. From Ghorepani we descend to the beautiful hillside village of Ghandruk, 2012m, a typical village of the Gurung ethnic group, known for its traditional houses, rich culture and the great landscape. From Ghandruk we descend by way of Birethanti to reach Nayapul, where our vehicle will be waiting to take us to Pokhara.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation in Kathmandu, Two nights on Twin share Bed and Breakfast Basis.
- Accommodation in Pokhara, Two nights on Twin share Bed and Breakfast Basis
- Accommodation during Trek ; local lodges 4 nights (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner))
- Authentic Nepali welcome dinner with Live Nepalese Cultural Program
- Transfer from Airport – Hotel – Airport: Car, Van, Hi-ace or Coaster in a private vehicle.
- English speaking experienced Sherpa guide (Govt. Trained/License Holder)
- Porters: One porter for 2 Trekkers basis.
- Trek Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Energy Supplies ( Snickers, Mars, Bounty) and Fresh Fruits on the Trek )
- First aid medicine kit.
- Annapurna Conservation Fee, TIMS permits & all required permits or Official Documentation.
- All ground transfers Kathamndu –Pokhara- Nayapul-Nayapul-Pokhara and Kathmandu.
What's excluded :
- Your Personal Travel Insurance.
- Nepal Entry Visa Fee.
- Lunch & Dinner in cities - allow $ 10 to 14 for per meal in Tourist restaurants.
- Beverages (soft drinks, mineral water,boiled water and beer).
- Tips for guide, porters and driver (customary).
Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking is one of the shortest treks in the Annapurnas. It is the best way for those with less time to experience the breathtaking mountain scenery and the beautiful village culture of the Annapurna Region. The trek starts an hour’s drive from Pokhara, at Nayapul (New Bridge) where you cross a suspension bridge over the rushing Modi Khola. As we ascend the winding stone path through villages and terraced farmland we get spectacular glimpses of the beautiful Machhapuchare Mountain (Fishtail).
Day 1 :Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2 :Drive to Pokhara, 900m
Day 3 :Drive to Nayapul, 1010m, and trek 3 hrs to Hile, 1400m
Day 4 :Trek 7 hrs to Ghorepani, 2855m
Day 5 :Trek 5hrs to Tadapani, 2610m
Day 6 :Trek 4hrs to Ghandruk, 2012m
Day 7 :Trek 3hrs to Nayapul, 1010m, and drive to Pokhara
Day 8 :Pokhara to Kathmandu 6hrs by Road
Day 9 :Depart Kathmandu
Departure Point :Thamel, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/10/2020 - 10/29/2021
Monday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Tuesday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Wednesday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Thursday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Friday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Sunday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.