Ghost and Gore Walking Tour of Edinburgh
This is Edinburgh's original ghost tour. We've been wandering the streets of Old Town Edinburgh since 1984.
Your guide is Alexander Clapperton (deceased), a one time cemetery director. He will blend history with humour and facts with fables, while our creation - the "jumper-ooter" provides guaranteed ghastly appearances.
Explore the cobbled passageways around the Old Town and hear tall tales from the city’s dark past on this light-hearted outdoor 80 minute tour.
Our tours operate outdoors through rain, snow, lightning and even sunshine, so please dress appropriately and comfortable footwear is recommended.
per adult from
1 hour 20 minutes
What's included :
- The Witchery Tales Book, by Adam Lyal
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cadies & Witchery Tours, (Victoria Street 84 West Bow (Victoria Street), Edinburgh EH1 2HH Scotland
Number 84 West Bow, down near the bottom of the not-so-sunny side of picturesque Victoria Street in Edinburgh's Old Town, is an unassuming address amongst the majesty of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
In the shop today, you can find a cornucopia (we don't use the word lightly; we looked it up and everything) of ghoulish and fantastical stationery, drinkware, ornaments, soft furnishings, original artwork and art prints, greeting cards, chess sets, and unique oddities hard to even describe.
In 2015 we also became (possibly) Scotland's smallest museum, when the shop became host to a calling-card case made from the skin of the notorious 19th-century "body-snatcher" (actually murderer), William Burke. We can't sell you that (mainly because even the experts on Antiques Roadshow couldn't give us a valuation of it) but we have produced a rather spiffing souvenir newspaper taken from our own vaults and covering Burke & Hare's trial in some detail.
Departure Point :The Witchery by the Castle, 352 Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NF, UK
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- On 14th September, the Scottish Government introduced a gathering limit of 6 people from 2 households. This ruling means no single booking can be taken for more than 6 people (max of 2 households). Children under 12 from within the 2 households will not be counted in the new limit of 6 people.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.