Ghost Town Sharjah Tour | Buried Village of Al Madam
A Buried Village
The locals say that this village was last inhabited by the people of Al Kutbi tribe. The houses that you see here, date back to the 80’s. Now, the entire village including houses, mosques and vehicles are covered in sand, hence the name ‘Buried Village’. Well, one can say that sand and extreme forces of nature have invaded this village.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and Drop From Hotel with 4x4 Car
- 2 Hours Tour at Ghost Town to Explore History and Nature
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Al Madam - Sharjah - United Arab Emirates
WHAT TO SEE AT AL MADAM GHOST TOWN
The abandoned village of Al Madam Ghost Town is made of 2 rows of houses and a mosque at the far end of the village. All houses have succumbed to the shifting sands and the harsh realities of desert life.
In some places you can still see the decorative flooring and the wall painting, but in some rooms the sand climbed so high you won’t be able to enter.
Some say it is spooky to visit this ghost town, personally we thought it was quite peaceful. Once inhabited by Al Kutbi tribe members, it is unclear why the town has been abandoned: some say it is a “jinn” (a supernatural creature in Islamic mythology) that drove people away, some say it is simply the harsh weather.
Al Madam Ghost Town wouldn’t make UAE’s must-see list, but it is still an interesting excursion to take if you have the time.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will Pick all Travelers from there Hotels or Residences From Dubai Sharjah and Ajman.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.