Ghosts of Charleston Night-Time Walking Tour with Unitarian Church Graveyard
Come walk with us on The Ghosts of Charleston leaving nightly from Buxton Books, Charleston’s independent bookstore located at 160 King Street. Our licensed guides are expert storytellers who lead you through centuries old alleys and paths while sharing stories and solid history from Julian Buxton’s best-selling book, The Ghosts of Charleston. The true tales of intrigue, tragedy, and lost love reveal a rich underside of Charleston’s character that isn’t apparent during the day. The highlight of your tour is our exclusive nighttime access to the 18th century Unitarian Church Graveyard, where you will experience something magical. The Ghosts of Charleston is Buxton Books’ signature and most popular book-based walking tour -- a favorite of visitors and locals for over 23 years.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- 90-minute Ghosts of Charleston Walking Tour
- Professional and Licensed Tour Guide
- Access to the historic Unitarian Church Graveyard
- Hear tales of hauntings & supernatural events from the best-selling book, The Ghosts of Charleston.
What's excluded :
- No public restroom so please plan accordingly.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tour Charleston, 160 King St, Charleston, SC 29401
During our 90 minute walking ghost tour, our City of Charleston licensed tour guides recount hauntings and supernatural events from our best-selling book The Ghosts of Charleston. We are fortunate to have many repeat guests, and lots of tales to share, so we switch things up nightly by varying ghosts stories on every tour. There is no experience like walking enchanted Charleston at night, listening to our supernatural stories, and encountering what you will see and hear in the Unitarian Church Graveyard.
Stop At: Unitarian Church in Charleston, 8 Archdale St, Charleston, SC 29401-1959
The highlight of Tour Charleston's Ghosts of Charleston Tour is entering the lush, spellbinding Unitarian Church Graveyard built in 1772. Real time hauntings occur only a handful of times a year. However, since 1996, when we started what is now Charleston's oldest ghost tour, spirits in the Unitarian Church Graveyard have reached out to many people on our tour in visual, tactile and auditory ways.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Buxton Books, 2A Cumberland St, Charleston, SC 29401-2602
Start your tour at Buxton Books, and stop in either before or after your tour to purchase a copy of the The Ghosts of Charleston, the book this ghost tour is based off of.
Departure Point :Buxton Books & Tour Charleston Headquarters, 160 King St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Return Detail :Unitarian Church in Charleston, 4 Archdale St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The City of Charleston requires travelers to wear masks during the tour. Walking tours take place entirely outside and our guides will make sure groups are remaining 6ft apart from each other. The check-in area will now be outside Buxton Books rather than inside the bookstore.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.