Giant's Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge Day Trip from Belfast
Check off the highlights of Northern Ireland on this full-day tour from Belfast. Marvel at the Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland's only UNESCO World Heritage site; brave a walk across the Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge; see memorable film locations such as the Dark Hedges and enjoy spectacular views along the Antrim Coast.
per adult from
What's included :
- Crossing of Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge when the weather is nice and the Bridge is open.
- All other attractions can be seen without extra charges
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Giant's Causeway
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Dark Hedges, off Bregagh Road, Ballymoney Northern Ireland
You'll have chance to stop along the way to admire the Dark Hedges, a key filming location for hit TV series Game of Thrones, for 10 - 15 minutes. The trees were planted 270 years ago by the Stuart family as a driveway to their Gracehill Manor. It is now very well known to amateur photographers.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Giant's Causeway, Causeway Road, Bushmills BT57 8SU Northern Ireland
Enjoy around 1.5 hours to marvel at the spectacular landscapes at the Giant's Causeway, made up of some 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, formed by ancient volcanic eruptions. It has often been described as the 8th wonder of the world. You will see why once you have visited the place. This is one of the world's greatest natural attractions. According to mythology, Finn built the Causeway as stepping stones to cross the Irish sea in order to battle Benandonner, a Scottish giant. Although a giant himself, when Finn reached Scotland he saw that Benandonner was almost twice his size, and immediately retreated with his rival in pursuit. Finn’s wife disguised him as a baby, and on seeing the child, Benandonner fled home fearing how enormous it’s father must be.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge, 119A Whitepark Road, Ballintoy BT54 6LS Northern Ireland
Continue along the coast to the Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge, a 66-foot (20-meter) long bridge that crosses the Atlantic Ocean, linking the mainland to the Carrick-a-rede Island. You'll have around 1 hour and 20 minutes to explore, which is plenty of time to brave the bridge crossing or hike along the coast, enjoying views of nearby Sheep Island and the Mull of Kintyre. You will be able to cross the bridge for free if the weather is nice and the bridge is open on the day.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Departure Point :31-35 Chichester St, Belfast BT1 4LD, UK
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for small children. If they are very used to travelling on a bus tour (up to 2 hours between stops, up to 9 hours for the day) and very used to walking, please book 1 seat per child and bring your own child seat.
- Not recommended to those with walking disabilities (a fair amount of walking involved)
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, with heart complaints, pregnant women or other serious medical conditions
- If passengers are late to the pick up the bus will not wait for them even if they call the office before hand. Must make sure they are on time. If passengers are intoxicated at any stage of the tour they will not be allowed on/back on the bus.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The pick up point is in the Belfast City Centre so there is no parking available for passengers to leave their cars for the entire day.
- Use the bathroom prior to coming to the pick up point. Bring a packed lunch and also wear comfortable clothing, comfortable shoes as well as a rainproof jacket.
- It is the passengers responsibility to ensure that all Visa and travel documents are in order prior to the tour. (If heading to Dublin)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 57 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.