Giethoorn and Zaanse Schans - Day Tour
A fascinating tour – Zaanse Schans and Giethoorn (including a one-hour boat ride) – all in one!
Two of Holland’s most popular attractions in one great day: Zaanse Schans, a picturesque windmill village, and the magical village of Giethoorn – including a one-hour boat tour in its beautiful canals.
This tour is for people who want to see a lot in a short time. It is the tour with the most photo opportunities in one day.
In season, there will also be some flowering tulip fields along the way where we can stop to enjoy.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giethoorn, Giethoorn, Overijssel Province
From there we continue on our drive to the amazing town of Giethoorn.
At Giethoorn we take a boat ride in the canals, view the picturesque fairy-tale houses and allow free time for wandering in the village on foot. The ride back to Amsterdam takes us through the great polders – land reclaimed from the sea. We will drive on the bottom of the sea and hear the stories of the reclamation.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
The day begins with a drive in the Dutch green countryside to the reconstructed village Zaanse Schans. Here we visit a clog workshop, where we can see a demonstration of clog production. We meander through the village pathways among the old wooden houses and the many windmills. The banks of the Zaan river, where the village is situated, offer the greatest windmill panorama in the Netherlands
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 182I, 1012 SJ Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/14/2020 - 1/2/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.