Giethoorn and Zaanse Schans Small-Group Day Tour
Explore the top two sightseeing attractions near Amsterdam in one day. Visit Zaanse Schans traditional wooden windmills and distinctive green wooden houses which were relocated there to recreate the atmosphere of an 18th/19th-century village. Then visit idyllic canal village ''Dutch Venice'' Giethoorn to experience unique lifestyle in a Dutch village without main roads, charming thatched-roof farmhouses and arch shaped wooden bridges, cruising around the canals in Giethoorn.
• Small groups up to 8 people.
• Experience traditional lifestyle dated back in 18th/19th century in Zaanse Schans and 'fairy-tale' lifestyle in Giethoorn all in one day.
• Cruising around the canals in Giethoorn with a speed of 6km/hour, allowing you to admire every part of beautiful Giethoorn peacefully.
• Special hotel pickup service.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Tour coach or van
- 1-Hour English guided boat trip in Giethoorn with tea/coffee served on board.
- Entry/Admission - Zaanse Schans
- Entry/Admission - Catharina Hoeve Cheese Farm
- Entry/Admission - Zaans Gedaan CacaoLab
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
Visit Zaanse Schans traditional wooden windmills and distinctive green wooden houses which were relocated there to recreate the atmosphere of an 18th/19th-century village. Duration is about 1.5-2 hours including visits with demonstrations at cheese factory and wooden shoes factory. Photo stop at the bank of Zaan River for the best panoramic view of all the windmills.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kooijman Souvenirs & Clogs Wooden Shoe Workshop, Kraaienest 4, 1509 AZ Zaandam The Netherlands
Visit wooden shoes factory to learn about history of traditional Dutch clogs. Attend a workshop with demonstration of how clogs are made. Try fitting wooden shoes to have a real feeling of wearing wooden shoes. Some free time for souvenirs shopping.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Catharina Hoeve Cheese Farm, Zeilenmakerspad 5, 1509 BZ Zaandam The Netherlands
Attend a professional demonstration of quality cheese-making by the staff in traditional Dutch costumes. Followed by free tasting of a wide cheese selection, and other typical Dutch treats. Free time for Dutch delights shopping.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Zaans Gedaan CacaoLab, Kalverringdijk 25 Zaanse Schans, 1509 BT Zaandam The Netherlands
Visit the CacaoLab, located on the Zaan and between the mills. A place where cocoa beans have been ground and chocolate made for two centuries. Take part in an interesting demonstration for all you need to know about chocolate making from cocoa beans. Free time for shopping of tasty chocolate, beer made of cocoa and related products.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Giethoorn, Giethoorn, Overijssel Province
Discover a Dutch village only accessible by boat on a day trip to Giethoorn from Amsterdam. Experience the "Venice of the Netherlands" where there are no main roads and all transport is on the water of the many canals. Take 1-hour boat trip be, during the pandemic we offer small electric boat with small groups.Be your own captain cruising around the picturesque village. See the unique thatch-roof cottages and arch-shape wooden bridges.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Hotel NH Collection Amsterdam Barbizon Palace, Prins Hendrikkade 59-72, 1012 AD Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks required on the minivan or coach. Travellers required to bring their own masks or masks are available for purchase.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.