Giethoorn from the water - Corona-Proof Small Public Group Tour from Amsterdam
This small public tour to Giethoorn departs from Amsterdam Central Station (hotel pick-up optional). Enjoyment starts when you leave the city behind you and you watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by -built on reclaimed land- as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival, embark on a whisper boat ride and have your guide sail you through the canals of Giethoorn. Pass by the many farmhouses that are built on small islands, which can only reached by boat bridge, of which the majority of the more than 176 bridges is privately owned. The only continuous connection through the old village by land is a bicycle and walking path that runs from north to south.
After the boat ride you have some personal time for your own explorations. Wander around, visit the cheese shop, the gemstone museum or try some herring! Then it's time to meet with your guide again for the transfer back to Amsterdam.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation from Amsterdam Central Station
- Professional and friendly guide for the day
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- 1-hr boat ride in Giethoorn
- Personal time in Giethoorn
- Water and apples
- All taxes, commissions and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Guide gratuity
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amsterdam, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
This small public group tour of max. 7 travelers departs from Amsterdam. Meet your guide at Amsterdam Central Station or opt for hotel pick-up in Amsterdam.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Centraal Station, Stationsplein 9, 1012 AB Amsterdam The Netherlands
Meet your guide at Amsterdam Central Station for the day tour to Giethoorn, Venice of the North.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Overijssel Province, Overijssel Province
Overijssel Province is home to quaint Giethoorn, the village without roads.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Giethoorn, Giethoorn, Overijssel Province
Enjoy a canal cruise in Giethoorn to experience this roadless village from the water. Continue exploring the village in your personal time, before making the transfer back to Amsterdam.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Amsterdam, Centraal Station, 1013 AA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from any address in Amsterdam. Pick-up starts 20 minutes before start time of the tour. Exact pick-up time is communicated by 6pm, the day before the tour. Ports
- Amsterdam Central, Haarlemmerstraat 7, 1013 EH Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Amsterdam River Cruise Port, De Ruijterkade, 1011 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Amsterdam Canal Cruises, Stadhouderskade 550, 1072 AE Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Cruise Amsterdam, In de Houtzaagmolen 117, 1115 GH Duivendrecht, Netherlands
- Amsterdam Jewel Cruises, Singel 235, 1012 WE Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Viking River Cruises® Dock, De Ruijterkade 140, 1011 AC Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Viking River Cruises® Dock, Westerhoofd 10, 1013 BS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Min. age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with younger children? Check out our private tours to Giethoorn!
- Tour departs from Amsterdam Central Station.
- Hotel pick-up in Amsterdam (if booked) starts 30 min. before start time. Exact pick-up time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour.
- Seating rows in the vehicle are separated by transparant screens. Travelers sit by themselves or with their travel companion;
- The max no. of participants in this tour is reduced to maximum four travelers or two travel parties: one travel party per row in the vehicle - a travel party is a solo traveler, a couple or duo;
- Travelers must use the provided anti-bacterial hand gel and undergo a temperature check before boarding the vehicle;
- While in the vehicle travelers must wear provided face mask covering mouth and nose;
- We sanitize our vehicles before, during and after each tour, incl. door handles, arm rests, seat belts, headrests and handles;
- During the tour a 1.5 meter distance from one another is maintained. As we use a tour guide whisper system, travelers can wander off and still hear the guide clearly;
- Travelers place their own luggage in the vehicle, get in and out of the vehicle themselves and fasten their own seatbelts;
- Most travelers can participate
- ***Winner Netherlands Prestige Awards: 'Tour Operator of the Year'***
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks provided for travelers
- - Social distancing throughout the tour, incl in the vehicle - Unfortunately we don't have the technology for contactless gratuity but you can leave something for your guide on your seat!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.