Giorgione, Palladio, Venetian Renaissance painting & architecture, wine tasting
Full day tour to visit the medieval town place of birth of Giorgione, the medieval village of Asolo, villa Emo masterpiece of Andrea Palladio, and a wine region along the foothills of the Venetian Prealps known for international and Prosecco vines.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Centro Storico di Castelfranco Veneto
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Asolo
- Entry/Admission - Villa Emo
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centro Storico di Castelfranco Veneto, Via Riccati 14, 31033, Castelfranco Veneto Italy
After a little more than 1 hour driving distance, along back roads passing by villages and a flat landscape, you will reach the medieval walled town of Castelfranco Veneto that welcomes you with its clock tower and its two entrance gates surrounded by crenelated walls.
Here you will meet your licensed English speaking guide to visit a town that preserves the colors and the fragrances of an ancient history. The center of the castle is a little jewel, with its diverse styles of architecture. From those with a stamp from the Middle Ages to edifices with an eighteenth-century matrix.
But most of all, Castelfranco Veneto is the place of birth of Giorgione. The artist that starts the Renaissance painting in the Veneto area, famous for his canvases of unrivaled beauty, from his Altarpiece located in the cathedral to the Tempest.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Duomo di Asolo, Piazzetta S. Pio X, 192, 31011 Asolo TV, Italy
After your guided visit of Castelfranco Veneto, you will reach the medieval village of Asolo with your professional driver. Here you will have some free time to discover this tiny Venetian site and where you can enjoy your lunch.
Your afternoon journey continues along the foothills of the Venetian Prealps where you will take the wine road that goes across gentle slopes and vineyards. Unexpected, on a slope, another masterpiece of Andrea Palladio: Villa Barbaro. Here you will make a short stop to admire the façade of the villa from outside and its chapel. After less than a mile, you will reach a farmhouse to visit a cellar and to have a Prosecco wine tasting.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Villa Emo, Via Stazione 5, 31050 Fanzolo Italy
Your tour continues on the way to the little village of Fanzolo where is located Villa Emo. Here you will meet your licensed guide to visit a Palladio's masterpiece reported in the UNESCO World Heritage list. Most probably the construction of the villa Emo was in between the years 1557 and 1560, and the interior frescoes of the main rooms were made by the painter Zelotti that was partner and collaborator of Veronese.
At approximately 5pm you will leave the area to return back to Venice. By the accord, the local guide will end the service. During your back journey, your professional driver can propose you a tea break half way, you will decide about.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Parcheggio S. Andrea AVM S.p.A., Piazzale Roma, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.