Girona and Costa Brava Small Group Tour from Barcelona
On this day trip from Barcelona, you will visit the city of Girona in the north east of Catalonia before continuing to the Coastal region of Costa Brava. On this small group tour, you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Small group tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees to the Botanic Gardens at Cap Roig
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Catalan Music, Carrer Palau de la Musica, 4-6, 08003 Barcelona Spain
8.15am - You will start your day at our main office, which is right next to the famous Palau de la Musica. You will meet your guide, have time to use the restrooms, and perhaps even grab a quick coffee before the tour begin. Your guide will explain all about the day ahead and what to expect as you wait for you tour to leave.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Eixample, Eixample, Barcelona, Catalonia
8.30am - You will leave Barcelona though the Example district of town. As you head out of the city, your guide will give you a brief history of Barcelona, before letting you sit back and relax on the 90 minute drive to Pals.
Stop At: Pals, Pals, Costa Brava, Province of Girona, Catalonia
10.15 - The pristine medieval village of Pals, is one of the best preserved medieval villages in the region.
Its picturesque cobbled streets are home to a number of interesting shops, selling everything from ceramics and local handicrafts to tradicional food and souvenirs.
Your guide will give you a short tour, taking in the medieval defensive tours, the old church and the original villages walls.
From Pals, we head to the fishing village of Calella de Palafrugell.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Calella de Palafrugell, Calella de Palafrugell, Palafrugell, Costa Brava, Province of Girona, Catalonia
11.45am - Follow your guide as they introduce you to the stunning Costa Brava and to one of the most beautiful villages on this stretch of coast.
You will have time to explore some of the coastal footpaths, take a dip in the water in a secluded cove, and try some local seafood in a traditional restaurant.
This delightful escape has whitewashed houses that reach right down to the sea-front and a number of tradicional restaurants, perfect for a leisurely lunch.
We have carefully timed this tour so you can eat in the restaurants before the locals arrive for their late lunches.
From Calella, we head to the medieval Roman city of Girona.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Girona, Girona, Province of Girona, Catalonia
3.30pm - Our last stop is the colorful medieval Roman city of Girona.
Girona is a well-established city that has survived many sieges in the course of its long history, since its founding in around 76BC.
Your guide will take you around the old part of the city, giving you information about the most important historical sites such as the Cathedral, founded in 1038 on the site of a former Mosque, the spectacular Roman walls, along which you can walk, and various sites of historial interest as the Jewish Call and the Arab Bath house.
If you prefer, the narrow streets of the old town are very pleasant just to wander around, indulge in a spot of window-shopping, or find a secluded café and sit back to watch people pass by.
Your guide will give you recommendations of what to do in your free time so you make the most of it. We also have custom made maps, if you prefer to set off on your own and follow our recommended walking itinerary.
From Girona, we will head back to Barcelona arriving around 7:00pm.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Plaza de Cataluna, Placa de Catalunya, 08206 Barcelona Spain
7.30 - We end the day in Plaça Catalunya. From here, you can easily take the metro or a taxi back to your hotel. Otherwise, your guide will be more than happy to make some recommendations of where to have dinner.
Departure Point :Explore Catalunya, C/ Palau de la Música, 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Palau de la Música Catalana, C/ Palau de la Música, 4-6, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection.
- You will also have an opportunity to go swimming at Calella de Palafrugell, so if you want, bring your swimming costume and a beach towel.
- This tour is in English only.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Explore Catalunya we take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. In addition to our safety procedures, we have adapted our tours to avoid periods where there might be large crowds, and we have carefully ensured that any places we visit follow the same high hygiene standards as us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.