Girona and Costa Brava with Lunch: VIP Small Group Tour
Discover the coastal splendor of the Costa Brava region on a full-day trip to Girona and Calella de Palafrugell from Barcelona. Travel through the scenic Catalan countryside, and discover the atmospheric streets of Girona’s medieval Old Town. Admire the flagrant fortresses of Pals, absorb the seaside charm of rural fishing village, Calella de Palafrugell, where you will be hosted to a typical lunch at the waters edge, and admire the dramatic landscapes of Begur, the former home of an ancient castle. Receive personalized attention from your guide on this small-group tour, guaranteed to not exceed 8 people.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water available in the vehicle
- Lunch at a charming seafront restaurant
- Professional guide to guide out
- Small-group tour with free time
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Girona Art Museum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Climb aboard a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle, with a guaranteed maximum of just 8 other travellers, at a centrally located pickup point in Barcelona, and admire the picturesque Catalan countryside as you travel toward your fist stop, the ancient city of Girona. Listen as your guide regales you with tales dating back to Girona’s 76 BC origin, and then embark on a tour of the medieval metropolis’ rich architectural tableau. During some leisurely free time, see the great Cathedral, founded in 1038 on the site of a former Mosque, admire the spectacular Roman walls that defended the city from attackers, or travel back in time at one of Girona’s comprehensive museums. Return to the vehicle and then head to Pals, a small city that grew from the foreboding fortress at its center. Continue to the charming fishing village of Calella de Palafrugell, and gaze at the dramatic hillside scenery as you travel past Begur, site of ancient castle ruins. On arrival in Calella de Palafrugell, relish the picturesque tableau of whitewashed houses and pristine sandy beaches, and set off to explore the rugged coastline. Sink your toes into the soft sands of the beach, take a dip in the refreshing waters of the ocean, or absorb the botanical beauty of the cliff top gardens at Cap Roig.
You guide will give you free time to explore, but they will also treat you to a delicious, typical lunch with local wine at one of the charming restaurants at the edge of the sea.
After a leisurely lunch and some free time, you'll reconvene with your guide and group at a prearranged time, and relax during the journey back to Barcelona, where your tour concludes.
Read more about Girona and Costa Brava Tour from Barcelona 2018 at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Barcelona/Girona-and-Costa-Brava-Small-Group-Day-Trip-from-Barcelona/d562-3142GIRONA?pub=vcps
Departure Point :C/ Palau de la Música, 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Explore Catalunya we take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. In addition to our safety procedures, we have adapted our tours to avoid periods where there might be large crowds, and we have carefully ensured that any places we visit follow the same high hygiene standards as us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.