Giverny & Monet's House From Paris Audio Guided Half-day Tour
Discover the home of Claude Monet, his workshop, and the impressive garden surrounding his home outside of Paris. Your audio-guided tour will depart from Paris, with a travel time of about 1.5 hours on an air-conditioned bus.
Giverny, a quaint village in Normandy, attracted many Impressionist painters in the 19th century; they followed the lead of the movement’s founder, Claude Monet, who lived there for 43 years.
On arrival, you will have 2 hours to tour the home and grounds, visit in complete freedom with your audioguide the Master’s house where the spectacular colors and enchanting garden were designed like a work of art. Walk through history as you see how Monet lived and was inspired by his surroundings.
You will be dazzled by the flowerbeds and plants, and you will sense the artist’s emotions in front of the famous water lilies and weeping willows in
the water garden.
At the end of the tour, you'll travel back to Paris at the original departure location.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round Trip Transportation From Paris
- Audio-guided Visit in 10 languages
- Free visit of the Gardens, Monet's House, Musée des Impressionnismes
- Entrance ticket with Priority Access
- Service of a multilingual host
- Entry/Admission - The Clos Normand - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - Musee des impressionnismes
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: 22 Rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris, France
Fan of Monet? Want to see where he lived and the garden that inspired him? Your wish is our command with this half-day trip! Then, meet us near the Eiffel Tower with a departure by coach in either the morning or afternoon (depending on option selected when booking).
Pass By: Giverny, Giverny, Eure, Haute-Normandie, Normandy
After about a 1h30 min trip through the verdant countryside, you will arrive in Giverny. Enter this world famous village, famous for its pictural nature.
Stop At: The Clos Normand - Fondation Claude Monet, 84 rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
The visit starts with a stroll through the luscious Monet garden, which was the main source of inspiration for this indisputable founding father of impressionism. Cross the Clos-Normand, where you will find flowers from the Far East. Finally, you’ll come upon the magnificent water garden, famous for its water lilies, weeping willows, and the celebrated Japanese bridge spanning the pond.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Fondation Claude Monet, 84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
Thanks to your audio-guide, you will have two hours to tour Monet’s home, his studio and vibrantly colored gardens.
Claude Monet lived with his family for more than 40 years in this Normand village. Follow in Monet’s footsteps as you visit the house, which includes the “blue sitting room,” his reading room which opens into the “pantry” where he kept tea, oil, spices and eggs. Continue on to the dining room, which houses the private apartments and one of the world’s largest Japanese print collections.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Musee des impressionnismes, 99 rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
After the audio-guided visit of the Gardens and the free time to visit Monet's house, you will have the opportunity to visit the Musée des Impressionnismes on your own.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Paris, Paris, Ile-de-France
Time to drive back through the landscape of the Eure French Region.
You will be dropped back at the departure point.
Departure Point :22 Rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.