Giverny and Honfleur Private Day Trip from Paris
Get out of Paris for a day in the French countryside on this 9-hour tour to Honfleur and Giverny with private transportation. You'll travel to the coast of Normandy to admire the 500-year-old harbor of Honfleur, and then head back inland to reach Giverny, the former home of Impressionist master Claude Monet. Enjoy the chance to explore his famous gardens where he painted some of his most recognizable works with features like the water-lily pond and Japanese Bridge. This is an easy way to see a bit more of France than just Paris if you have limited time during your stay.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your day trip starts with hotel pickup in Paris for the 2-hour drive with your private driver to Honfleur, a coastal town in the Normandy region of France. Honfleur once attracted many Impressionist painters, who would "sit and watch the world go” as they sought inspiration from the colorful shops and boats reflected on the water.
Take a walk around town, passing by restaurants, stores, and ice cream shops, and learn about the history of the medieval harbor from your guide. You'll see St. Catherine’s Church and its belfry, admire art galleries along the side streets, stroll down cobblestone paths, and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, perhaps choosing a seafood dish (own expense).
After your lunch, start the 1-hour drive to Giverny, listening to an introduction to the life and works of Monet during the ride. Stop by the village church where his tomb lies in the graveyard; see the Hotel Baudy, where artists used to gather; and pass by the barn used as a winter studio for artists. Then head to Monet's house, where you can explore the rooms he once lived in with his wife and his old studio that's now the gift shop. Of course, the highlights of his home are the gardens and water-lily pond, which you can wander around and even cross the Japanese Bridge.
When your time in Giverny ends, return to Paris along the picturesque Route des Crêtes, and admire views of the Seine Valley, a watchtower from the 10th century, and the village and château of La Roche Guyon. Your last stop, if there's time, is the village of Vétheuil.
Your tour ends with drop-off in Paris.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8am to 9am (may be adjusted on request)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual driver
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.