Giverny and Monet House Half-Day Guided From Paris
Like nature? Love Impressionism? Read on! Let us whisk you away on a half-day trip to the village of Giverny where Monet and other Impressionists set up home in the 19th Century. After a short one-and-a-half-hour ride from Paris, you’ll find yourself in this quaint little village in Normandy, where you’ll visit Monet’s exquisite house and gardens. Your art historian guide will animate your tour around the flowerbeds that proved a source of inspiration for Monet, past the water lily pond made famous in the Nymphéas series and across the Japanese bridge that pops up so often in his work. Then you’ll explore Monet’s house, almost untouched by the passage of time.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance ticket to Giverny (gardens and house)
- Guided tour of the gardens
- Round Trip transportation by luxury coach from Paris
- Service of a licensed guide
- Entrance ticket to the Musée des Impressionnismes
- Free time to visit Monet's House
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - The Clos Normand - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - Musee des impressionnismes
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris, France
Fan of Monet? Want to see where he lived and the garden that inspired him? Your wish is our command with this half-day trip! Then, meet us near the Eiffel Tower with a departure by coach in either the morning or afternoon (depending on option selected when booking).
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Office de Tourisme des Portes de l'Eure, 12 rue du Pont, 27200 Vernon France
After about a 1h30 min trip through the verdant countryside, you will arrive in Giverny.
Pass By: Maison de Claude Monet a Vetheuil, 16 avenue Claude Monet, 95510 Vetheuil France
Expect a feast for your eyes on this half-day tour to Claude Monet’s home in Giverny. You’ll alight at Monet’s property and extensive gardens, where he indulged in his green-fingered passion.
Stop At: Fondation Claude Monet, 84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
First, you’ll visit the front gardens and orchards with your expert guide, to gaze upon an array of vivid blooms (depending on the season). Next, you’ll be enthralled to see the legendary water lily pond in real life and cross the oft-painted Japanese bridge.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Clos Normand - Fondation Claude Monet, 84 rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
Don’t forget to take a few pics, be the star of your own Impressionist-style landscapes! Take a while to enjoy the tranquility of the weeping willows and bamboo trees.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Musee des impressionnismes, 99 rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
After the guided visit of the Gardens and the free time to visit Monet's house, you will have the opportunity to visit the Musée des Impressionnismes on your own.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Paris, Paris, Ile-de-France
Time to drive back through the landscape of the Eure French Region.
You will be dropped back at the departure point.
Departure Point :22 Rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Excellent souvenir shop with a wide range of reproductions of Monet's paintings, crockery, table sets (dominant in Monet's favourite blue and yellow colours) and even a range of flower seeds.
- The collection of Japanese engravings inside Monet's home is one of the most important in the world.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.