Giverny Private Half-Day Trip including Claude Monet' Gardens & House from Paris
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel in Paris for a private half day trip to the edge of Normandy, to visit the home of one of the most famous 19th-century artists', Claude Monet. Experience the atmosphere of his gardens, his well-known Japanese bridge in the midst of its flowered paths and wather-lily ponds, from where he drew inspiration for some of his most famous Impressionist pieces. See his colorful house, and his studio. Then before leaving the village of Giverny, pay a last tribute to this universally acclaimed artist, at his grave.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private Transportation in Air-conditioned vehicle
- Priority Admission to the house of Claude Monet
- Licensed Professional and Passioned Art Historian Guide
- VIP Services
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fondation Claude Monet, 84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
This half-day trip will lead you to the edge of Normandy, where you will visit the idyllic home of Claude Monet located in the small village of Giverny. Your tour, will start from Paris City Center where your guide will pick you up at your hotel or private apartment. You will be transported aboard a deluxe vehicle with one of our guides, so you can, relax and make the most of your trip.
Once at destination in Giverny, you will enjoy time in the gardens which have been replanted as they once were and offer visitors the “painting from nature” which Claude Monet’s contemporaries considered to be one of his masterpieces. The rectangular Clos Normand, with archways of climbing plants entwined around brilliantly colored shrubs, lies before the house and studios, offering from Spring to Autumn the palette of varying colors to the painter-gardener who was “ecstatic about flowers”. Lastly, the Water Garden, formed by a tributary of the Epte, lies further away, shaded by weeping willows. With its famous Japanese Bridge, its wistarias, azaleas and its pond, it has once more become that casket of sky and water which inspired the pictorial universe of the water lilies.
You will also have the opportunity to discover a precious collection of Japanese engravings displayed in several rooms, hung in the marmer chosen by the master of Giverny himself. Claude Monet’s property at Giverny, left by his son to the Académie des Beaux-arts in 1966, has, after completion of large scale restoration work, become the Claude Monet Foundation, inaugurated in 1980. The huge Nymphéas studio, a stone’s throw from the house, has also been restored and contains the Foundation’s Shop.
Then before leaving the village of Giverny, pay a last tribute to this universally acclaimed artist, at his grave.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Giverny, Giverny, Eure, Haute-Normandie, Normandy
During this private half-day tour to Giverny, you could also enjoy free time to stroll through the village of Giverny, enjoy the view of the flowery houses, the art galleries, and have a look at the famous Rose-colored Hôtel Baudy, which was a hangout for American Impressionists.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from all hotels and private residences inside Paris
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All clients must make sure to be at the meeting point 10 minutes before departure.
- The guide will not guide you inside Monet's Home
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.