Gjakova & Valbona Valley - Sightseeing & Adventure Tour
Gjakova is a city very rich in culture, heritage and history and is one the most visited cities in Kosovo, offering to the visitors a unique experience. The walking and sightseeing through the beautiful streets of Gjakova, museums, old stone houses, the hypnotic vibes of historic cobblestone paved streets of the old Grand Bazaar and the general relaxed ambience of the area are cherished and appreciated by everyone who visits here. Valbona valley (north Albania, only 1h 20min drive from Gjakova), with its mountainous terrain, alpine landscapes, glacial springs, deep depressions, various rock formations, waterfalls, and with very remote areas which have a large preserved ecosystem all of which is primarily untouched with pure quality, is the centrepiece of what has been referred to as the Albanian Miracle of the Alps. This Tour will give you the best opportunity to explore the History & Culture and by ending it with an Adventure.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The tour will start from the city of Gjakova, in front of Abdullah Pasha Dreni old House (Tourist Info point) and will continue through the Grand Bazaar. On the way, we will see and visit the Shejh Emini Tekke (1730) and then continue through the Gjakova old Grand Bazaar (one of the largest monumental complexes in the region, built in the 16th century). Right at the entrance of the Bazaar we will see an old traditional stone house presenting a typical Albanian architecture of 18th century. While at Bazaar, we will stop by few artisan shops to see Albanian traditional handicrafts and then continue to visit the symbol of the city of Gjakova - Hadum Mosque, built in the 16th century, which, according to the history and legend, it marks the beginning of the city as the cultural, educational and religious center of this settlement. Our journey will then continue to Haraqia Restaurant for a coffee break (built in the 16th century, is included in the list of monuments of cultural heritage and before had served as a guesthouse for a long time). Next, we will visit the City Clock Tower (16th century) and the City's Ethnographic Museum (a museum rich in different traditional Albanian collections with a stock of around 1700 items of cultural materials found in urban and rural settlements of Gjakova region during various historical periods). The last stop in Gjakova will be at St. Ndou's and St. Pal's & St. Peter's Churches (main churches in Gjakova) on the way to Valbona Valley (in north Albania). All places in Gjakova are within a walking distance from one another. After these visits, we will have a short tea/coffee break. After Gjakova, the Tour continues to Valbona valley in northern Albania (one of the most visited national parks in Albania and the region). Gjakova is close to Valbona, driving for around 1h 20min, and on the way, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the amazing and relaxing views (villages, mountains, rivers, and many more). When arriving in Valbona, we will stop at one of the local restaurants for a lunch break. The restaurants provide fresh local traditional food, also with contemporary menus - food and drinks. There, you can walk around the amazing crystal clear river that cuts through the mountains and take pictures, live the pristine nature and enjoy the fresh waters and air. After having a great time together in Valbona, we will drive back to Gjakova and drop you off at your Hotel/s. This is where the full day Culture, History & Adventure tour in two countries ends.
Departure Point :Gjakova
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.