Glacier Experience and unique geothermal area
Enjoy some amazing views as we fly towards Iceland´s tallest waterfall, Glymur. We fly past valleys and some dramatic mountain tops, waterfalls and even some old dormant volcano craters on our way to Langjokul, second largest glacier in Europe where we make a landing for our guests to enjoy the views. As we head towards Hengil Geothermal area for our 2nd landing, we fly over the Tectonic plates in Thingvellir. If you look closely you might even be able to see some divers in the crystal clear fissure rift Silfra below. At Hengill we walk around and get up close and personal with hissing vents and bubbling mud pools.
Total duration is roughly 90-130 minutes.
Guided helicopter flight time is 60-75 min
We can fit up to 6 passengers on our helicopter and in order for this tour to be flown, we need a minimum of 4 passengers.
*If you are a solo traveler, let us know to see if we can find a convenient option for you to share rides with other groups.
per adult from
90 to 130 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - At the perfect moment our pilots tend to pull out the bubbly to make a toast to life.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Langjokull Glacier, Iceland
We fly to Iceland´s longest glacier and see how time and elements have carved the glacier through the ages with sand and wind.
If weather allows we make a landing on the glacier to allow our guests to see and feel the ancient glacier and feel the crisp air.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Hengill, Hengill, South Region
We land at this beautiful geothermal area that belongs to the volcanoe Hengill. Filled with bubbling mud pools and colorful moss. Hengill is one of the largest high temperature geothermal areas in Iceland.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Nauthólsvegur 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Keep in mind this tour is quite weather dependent as we fly into mountain area and during winter time when we have shorter days and unpredictable weather we sometimes need to alter the route and even change departure dates and times with short notice. We monitor the weather quite frequently and our aim is to maximize our guests experience so know we are doing our very best.
- We recommend booking this tour early in your travels just in case weather restrictions apply on your desired date and rescheduling is needed.
- Minimum passengers in order to be flown are 4 passengers. Contact our sales dept. if you are a solo traveler looking for a tour to share with others.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.