Glacier Hike and South Iceland Sightseeing from Reykjavik
Experience this exciting 10 hour tour of Iceland's South Coast. You will begin the tour with an 8:30 am hotel pickup from Reykjavik by your professional guide, then be driven along the southern coast of Iceland to adventure! Once you arrive, you will be able to hike on one of Iceland's many glaciers, and even visit two of the area's most famous waterfalls, Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss. No glacier hiking experience is required on this tour, and food and drinks are not included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Local glacier guide
- Pickup and drop-off from major hotels, ports and designated meeting points
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Necessary equipment for glacier hiking
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Stop at one of Iceland's biggest waterfalls, Skógafoss. If you're up for the challenge, you can climb all 527 steps to the observation deck, where you'll get the unique perspective of looking down on the waterfall flowing off the steep cliffs.
Then visit Sólheimajökull glacier, where you will gear up with crampons and other safety equipment before hiking up on the glacier with an expert guide. Experience an Icelandic glacier from up close, and see the magical formations created in the ice such as crevasses and moulins.
Then you will go to Seljalandsfoss waterfall, a mighty waterfall with a cavern behind, so you can literally walk behind the waterfall if conditions allow.
• Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
• Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
• Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
Departure Point :Gray Line Iceland, Klettagarðar, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is offered from most hotels and guesthouses in the capital area, as well as from cruise ports.Pick-ups from hotels in the city center are not possible from directly in front of the hotel due to traffic restrictions, instead passengers must come to the nearest bus pickup point.Ports
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Warm and waterproof clothing is recommended
- Sturdy shoes are required (hiking boots or similar)
- Drop-off after tour may not be directly in front of your hotel, depending on route and traffic limitations.
- We recommend bringing a packed lunch, but a short stop will also be made during the tour where you can buy something to eat.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- • Allow access only via the back door of the vehicle if possible. • Ask passengers to spread throughout the vehicles as possible. • Masks are only required for those who are coughing or sneezing. • May need to present COVID-19 free results from testing at the airport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.