Glacier Hiking and Ice Climbing Small-Group Adventure from Reykjavik
Embark on an adventurous journey from Reykjavik to Iceland’s Sólheimajökull Glacier. Your expert guide will take you glacier hiking and ice climbing on this magnificent natural phenomenon -- a rugged, raw and ever-changing hub of ancient frozen water. Take in the spectacular views while exploring one of Iceland's most beautiful and striking natural wonders. No experience is necessary!
per adult from
What's included :
- Small group guarantee, ensuring a more personalized experience
- A guided glacier hiking tour on Iceland's Solheimajokull Glacier
- All necessary glacier gear needed
- An introduction to ice climbing
What's excluded :
- Food & drinks
- Hiking shoes (can be rented for a small fee)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Myrdalsjokull Glacier, Vík í Mýrdal, Vik Iceland
Then it’s time to hit the ice! You’ll hike out into the majestic ice wonderland, with its astonishing networks of crevasses, ridges, ice walls, moulins, and blue-hued frost. Your friendly and knowledgeable guide make sure you are always safe on the ice and share some fascinating and fun glacier facts with you. This is a frozen world, but did you know it is always moving? You may even hear the ice cracking as it adjusts beneath you!
Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
Sólheimajökull is an outlet glacier of Mýrdalsjökull glacier, Iceland’s 4th biggest glacier. The glacier tongue is a rugged, raw and ever-changing hub of ancient frozen water; truly a phenomenal place.
Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Sólheimajökull, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is a small group experience tour limited to 8 participants per guide
- Minimum age is 14 years old
- It is recommended to bring warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, packed lunch, head-wear, gloves and good hiking shoes
- Please note that jeans are not appropriate for a glacier hike
- No prior ice climbing experience is needed to participate in this tour
- Hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and pants can be rented from the operator for a small fee
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.