Glasgow City Centre Walking Tour
Get your bearings and discover Glasgow through a local ‘weegies’ eyes. A must do on any visit to Glasgow.
On our most popular tour, you will witness and learn about our rich, turbulent history and how it has shaped Glasgow into the vibrant city it is today. The tour lasts around 1.5 hours and will incorporate a small break.
Throughout the tour you will take a look at some of the famous and lesser known figures to Glasgow, such as our patron saint St Mungo, and even Dr Who! Hear their stories as we travel through the centuries and explore what Glasgow has to offer.
This tour runs everyday at 10:30am, leaving from Glasgow City Chambers by George Square. (and 2pm during summer)
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- 1.5 hour walking tour
- Historical and cultural insight to Glasgow
- Professional guide
- Local drink tasting
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
Our most popular tour will take you around all the main sites of the city, giving you an excellent opportunity to get your bearings of the city and find out about its history and culture.
The tour shows you the growth of Glasgow from where it began in 600AD to where it is now and how the vibrant culture we have today was born through it's rich history.
The tour lasts around 2.5-3 hours and will incorporate a break to give you a chance to visit the Necropolis and spend a penny.
The tour will take a look at famous figures to Glasgow, such as St. Mungo, and their stories as we go through the city. Here's some of the sites we'll cover:
Glasgow Cathedral and Necropolis
The Duke of Wellington
We will also explore some hidden treasures of the city that you wouldn't see by yourself!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: George Square, George and St. Vincent Sts., Glasgow Scotland
Start your tour in George Square by Glasgow City Chambers and get an insight into Glaswegian history.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: City Chambers, 80 George Square, Glasgow G2 1DU Scotland
Admire the fine architecture of Glasgow City Chambers.
Stop At: University of Strathclyde, Centre For Sport & Recreation 347 Cathedral Street, Glasgow G1 2TB Scotland
Learn about the deep educational history of universities in Glasgow and marvel at the longest mural in the UK!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Glasgow Cathedral, Glasgow Royal Infirmary Castle Street, Glasgow G4 0SF Scotland
Discover the iconic Glasgow Cathedral & hear the stories behind it.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: The Necropolis, 50 Cathedral Square, Glasgow G4 0UZ Scotland
Explore Glasgow's historic necropolis.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: St. Mungo at High Street, 287 High Street, Glasgow G4 0QS Scotland
Be amazed at some of Glasgows' Street Art.
Stop At: Gallery of Modern Art, 111 Queen Street Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AH Scotland
We can't give too much away! After leaving the Cathedral each guide has their own unique twist on the remainder of the tour. All finishing up by the Gallery of Modern Art on Ingram Street. Come along and hear the stories for yourself all from locals who love their city!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :George Square, Glasgow G2 1DH, UK
Return Detail :16 Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AG, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Rest assured that in the unlikely event that we need to cancel the tour, we will try to contact you as soon as we possibly can. Please email us if you are worried you will miss the start of the tour/the guide.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The tour takes place entirely outside and adheres to current government guidelines. Tour groups running at a limited capacity and social distancing is required throughout the tour. You may wear a mask if you wish although this is not essential as the tour is conducted entirely outside.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.