Glass House Mountains Abseiling Experience
Overlooking the hinterland of Queensland's Sunshine Coast, the Glass House Mountains offer a great introduction to abseiling (aka rappelling) for those wishing to add a little adventure to their day. With your qualified guide, work your way up to abseiling on a 131-foot (40-meter) cliff face of Mt. Ngungun in Glass House Mountains National Park. Pinnacle Sports operates with small group to guide ratios so you get more out your adventure. Equipment is provided, and your professional guide will put you at ease and help you to complete this mental and physical challenge.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- All safety equipment
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (bring your own)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Located 60 minutes north of Brisbane, Mt Ngungun is a deservedly popular outdoor adventure destination. Here, you’ll meet your Pinnacle Guide in the morning for a quick lesson in abseil skills before walking into your first abseil site. Take a breather, whilst your guide sets up some atmospheric abseils at the lower cliffs.
Once you're comfortable on these abseils, walk up the trail to the upper cliffs where you'll be at the top of the 253m peak. Grab some lunch whilst taking in the stunning 360 views of the surrounding Glasshouses before heading down the 40m abseil into the forest below. From here your guide will walk you back out to your meeting point.
This is a unique adventure in a unique location, one we think you’ll find quite hard to forget!
• Mount Ngungun, Glass House Mountains, Queensland Australia
Departure Point :Mount Ngungun, Glass House Mountains QLD 4518, Australia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for people with noteworthy medical conditions, such as asthma, epilepsy, angina, diabetes, back- or leg-related physical concerns or conditions associated with pregnancy; please contact the local operator prior to booking if in doubt
- Activity is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or, in certain circumstances, a full refund
- A moderate level of fitness is required due to the amount of walking involved
- Minimum age is 8 years (participants 8-16 years must be accompanied by an adult)
- Participants under 18 years require a waiver to be signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Please wear non-restrictive clothing that suits the weather on the day; as the summit is exposed, a light/wind jacket may be handy
- Enclosed footwear should be worn, ideally hiking boots or running shoes, as the track is gravel or rock and has steep sections. A backpack is essential; it should be large enough to carry your water and your allocated safety equipment (25-liter capacity); it is recommended that you bring a minimum 2-3 liters of water, a hat, insect repellent, and sunscreen
- Please note there are no facilities (toilets) in the national park. Drinking water is available from the car park. As this is not a catered activity, you are required to bring your own food and beverages to keep you powered up
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- -Following manufacturer's best practice guidelines with regards to equipment disinfection -Requesting clients/staff do not participate in an activity if they are feeling unwell -Adjusting attachment methods to reduce any need for close contact -Reducing group sizes to assist with social distancing
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.