Glastonbury And The King Arthur Trail - Private Tour From London
Explore England's most mystical landscape shrouded in centuries of myths, legends, and folklore, on a private bespoke tour with your own personal driver and guide direct from your London Hotel.
Merlin, Avalon, The Holy Grail, The Chalice Well - Glastonbury is King Arthur country!
This tour takes you at your pace, to see the beautiful and historic locations among the stunning Somerset countryside.
People of all beliefs are drawn each year to this special area to find beauty, peace, healing, and of course King Arthur.
Your personal guide will show you -
• Glastonbury Abbey & King Arthur's Tomb
• The Chalice Well - Hiding Place of the Holy Grail? or Entrance to the Spirit World?
• Climb Glastonbury Tor - The Isle Of Avalon
• The Oldest Pub in the South West - (And reportedly very haunted)
• Optional Stop at Stonehenge on Route
• Private Tour - Direct From Your Hotel
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Glastonbury Abbey
- Entry/Admission - Chalice Well
- Entry/Admission - White Spring Well & Temple
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glastonbury Abbey, Abbey Gatehouse Magdalene Street, Glastonbury BA6 9EL England
Once the most powerful and richest Abbey in England. In Christian legend Joseph of Arimathea founded the Abbey when his staff took root in the ground and grew in to a Tree. The Abbey was destroyed in the dissolution of the monasteries by Henry VIII. In 1190 Monks at the Abbey found the bodies they claimed were King Arthur and Guinevere. You will explore the ruins with your guide and decide if indeed this was Arthur's resting place.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: George Hotel & Pilgrims' Inn, 1 High St, Glastonbury BA6 9DP, UK
The George and Pilgrim was built in 1439 to accommodate Pilgrims visiting Glastonbury Abbey.
Its the oldest surviving Pub in the South West of England and makes a great stop for lunch before climbing Glastonbury Tor.
But one word of warning, the pub is reportedly very haunted. Well a pub built in 1439 should be, right?
You will also have plenty of time to stroll the streets of Glastonbury which is full of New Age, Spiritual, and Crystal shops, as well as antique and book shops.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Chalice Well, Wellhouse Lane, Glastonbury BA6 8BL England
The sacred mineral rich spring that has drawn people for over 2000 years. Christian legend has the Well as the hiding place of the Holy Grail. However people of all spiritual beliefs (and none) are attracted to this very special and peaceful garden said to represent the divine feminine, and the well head being the gateway between the known and unknown worlds.
Whatever your reasons for visiting you will find peace, tranquility and a warm welcome at the Chalice Well. There are pools available for shallow bathing and spiritual rituals and the water can be bottled and drunk at the Lion's head fountain.
A special place that draws people back again and again from all over the world.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Glastonbury Tor, off Wellhouse Lane, Glastonbury England
The mysterious Glastonbury Tor is the legendary Isle Of Avalon from the King Arthur stories. It is said to be his resting place. After a climb to the top via the pathway the views are breathtaking and offer a 360 degree view over this magical landscape. A sacred place for people of all different backgrounds and beliefs.
Evidence has been found of Saxon settlement on the Tor, and interestingly items found on Glastonbury Tor have been linked with others found on Tintagel Castle the legendary birth place of King Arthur.
This is a magic place that will stay with you forever.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: White Spring Well & Temple, Wellhouse Lane, Glastonbury BA6 8BL England
Explore this Sacred Well and Temple. Those who want to are able to bathe in the water or drink from its calcium rich spring. A sacred site to people of all beliefs.
Expect to see and hear all sorts at this wonderful Temple. It may take a few moments for your eyes to adjust to the dark, but once they do this place is magic.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any central London Accommodation
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- All UK Government Safety guidelines and requirements at the time of travel will be followed during your tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.