Glen Affric, Culloden & Clava Cairns Small-Group Tour from Inverness
On this tour, you take the single-track lanes through a Caledonian pine forest to one of the best walks in the region.
But that’s not all, you also get a chance to learn about the last battle fought on British soil at Culloden and discover a Bronze Age tomb at Clava Cairns.
Join this day-tour and explore one of Scotland’s most untouched landscapes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small-group tour (16 people max)
- Transport by top of the range Mercedes mini-coach
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Culloden Battlefield
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Clava Cairns, Balnuaran of Clava, IV2 5EU Scotland
Travel through winding back roads and discover a 4,000-year-old cemetery.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre, Culloden Moor IV2 5EU Scotland
A sad place to visit. It’s the location of a tragic Outlander scene, and a catastrophic battle between Jacobites and Government troops. It was here that a 60-year series of uprisings finally ended in a tumultuous battle. You can explore the visitor centre and pay tribute to those who lost their lives at the last ever battle fought on British soil.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Beauly Priory, Beauly IV4 7DY Beauly IV4, Beauly Scotland
Visit this tucked away priory and learn about the monks of the Highlands. Explore the historic ruins where 13th-century French monks called this religious site 'beau lieu', which means 'beautiful place'.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Glen Affric National Nature Reserve, Cannich Scotland
You ramble along to Glen Affric and stop off for walks amongst the indigenous Caledonian pine trees. You get the chance to enjoy views over Loch Affric and the mountains beyond, and your driver-guide ensures you go to the best waterfalls and photo spots throughout the afternoon.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Inverness Bus Station, Margaret St, Inverness IV1 1LT, UK
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Most travelers can participate
- Culloden - We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Face coverings are mandatory and must always be worn. • Infrared thermometer temperature check during check-in for tour. Passengers with temperature readings above 38 degrees will not be able to travel for health and safety reasons. • Simple Covid-19 health questionnaire upon arrival.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.