Glendalough and Wicklow Mountains Day Tour from Dublin
Soak up the atmosphere at the world-famous Glendalough Valley! Make sure you take great selfies overlooking the Guinness Lake!
This Glendalough & Wicklow Mountains Tour gives you the chance to hop aboard one of Dublin’s top-rated day tours to a natural beauty spot, allowing all involved to experience the warmest of Irish hospitality on a day tour full of new experiences.
The tour also brings you to scenery made famous from films such as Braveheart and P.S. I Love You. While also bringing you over and along the Wicklow Mountains to Glendalough Lake & Valley. This tour also includes stops at Glencree Valley & Cemetery, the PS I Love you Bridge, the Guinness Lake (Lough Tay), Sally’s Gap and of course, the spectacular Glendalough Lake,
Stop five, and the final stop on your tour of Wicklow, is Avoca Village, a small town well- known for its spot as the fictional home of BBC’s hit tv-show “Ballykissangel”
This tour departs at 09:00 hours arriving back at 17:30 (aoorox. return time).
per adult from
What's included :
- Full guided tour in English with a local expert guide
- Photo stop at Lough Tay / Guinness Lake – Home to The Viking’s television program
- 2 hour guaranteed to stop at Glendalough
- Private tour of Glendalough monastic settlement
- Late lunch-early dinner stop at Avoca, a traditional Irish village
- Great value Irish lunch deal at a traditional Irish pub
- Create your own 'PS I Love You' movie moment at the bridge where Holly and Gerry kissed at
- See the unique boglands and heather fields of the Sally Gap, Ireland’s most filmed scenery
- Photo stops at Wicklow’s most beautiful spots
- Share your #PSILoveWicklow moments with us on Instagram
- WI-FI on board
- Entry/Admission - The German Military Cemetery
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Optional gratuities
- Food & beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dublin Visitor Centre, 17 Lower O'Connell Street | 118 Grafton Street 118 Grafton Street, Dublin Co.Dublin Ireland
09:00 Check-in at the Dublin Visitor Centre, 16 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin 1.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Sally Gap, Wicklow Mountains, Wicklow Ireland
On the road to Sally Gap, there are spectacular views of the surrounding blanket bog and the Wicklow Mountains. Sally Gap is one of two east-to-west passes across the Wicklow Mountains. Sally Gaps is a cross-road that leads you North to Dublin, West to Blessington, South to Glendalough or East to Roundwood.
Stop At: The German Military Cemetery, Glencree Near Enniskerry Peace Centre, Wicklow A98D635 Ireland
The first stop on the Wicklow Tour your first stop is Glencree, home to the military cemetery which serves as
a reminder of World War II. The adjacent Military Barracks is
now a centre for peace and reconciliation inspired by the
events in Northern Ireland. Exclusive. This stop allows you time to unlock your an inner history buff and learn more on how the events of the World War had an everlasting impact on this island.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Glendalough Upper Lake, Wicklow Ireland
Glendalough Upper Lake is home to the cave that St. Kevin spent seven years. It is also not far from Monastic Settlement which has the round tower, St Kevin’s Church, St Kevin’s Cross and The Cathedral.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Wicklow Mountains National Park, Glendalough Village Ireland
As you leave Dublin and cross into Wicklow, the landscape changes dramatically. From Rathfarnham, still within the city limits, the Military Rd begins a 40km southward journey along the spine of the Wicklow Mountains, crossing vast sweeps of gorse-, bracken- and heather-clad moors, bogs and hills, dotted with small corrie lakes.
Stop At: Glendalough Monastic Settlement, Ireland
On your visit to Wicklow’s National Park, you can embark on one of the ever-popular Glendalough walks, as you will have a minimum of two hours to visit the Glendalough Upper Lake or do some hiking in the Wicklow Mountains. You too will have time to visit the Glendalough Visitor Centre (admission not included), or visit Glendalough Catherdal home to St. Kevin’s Monastery, Celtic Crosses and so much more!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Guinness Lake, Wicklow Ireland
This 15 minute stop allows you the perfect time to enjoy the Wicklow Mountains and its wilderness at its best. Here allows you to enjoy the beautiful Lough Tay, also known as the Gunness Lake, which is also home to the hit TV - Series, Vikings.
And for those of you who are wondering; the lake gets his name due to its bright white sand and dark waters.
The sand was imported by the Guinness family who’s estate runs through part of the Lough Tay area. With the shape of the lake, its white sand, people often say it is similar to a big pint of Guinness!
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :16 O'Connell Street Upper, North City, Dublin, D01 XK83, Ireland
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.