Glendalough Day Tour from Dublin: Including Kilkenny City
Discover the true beauty of Ireland on this wonderful day trip to the monastic site of Glendalough and oh-so colorful Kilkenny, the medieval capital of Ireland.
Visit St. Kevin's monastic city at Glendalough famed for its rounds towers, and Celtic crosses which will provide you with a true insight into the workings of an early Christian monastery. Glendalough, known as the valley of 2 Lakes and surrounded by dense forests.
Enjoy the rolling hills of Wicklow, the magnificent peeat bogs, and dramatic waterfalls. Featured in many blockbuster movies, Wicklow is knows as the Garden of Ireland and this area is a favorite of many Dublin city dwellers as they escape the hustle and bustle of Dublin city.
Once the capital of Ireland in the middle-ages, it is renowned for its magnificent Norman Castle dating back to 12th century.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Pick-up and drop off in Dublin (Refer to voucher for further information)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- USB ports at every seat
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance to Kilkenny Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Paddywagon Tours, Dublin D01 V2V4 Ireland
Depart Dublin for this award winning and brilliant day trip with your 100% Irish Tour Guide. We travel south and begin our journey into County Wicklow,passing through beautiful countryside in the Wicklow mountains most notably the Sugar Loaf Mountains while making our way towards Glendalough.
Stop At: Glendalough Monastic Settlement, Ireland
Glendalough - one of the most beautiful visitor sights in all of Ireland, is also known for the Braveheart wedding scenes. It's renowned for its magnificent scenery and rich and varied heritage in terms of history and archaeology. You will have time to explore the ruined monastic city famed for St. Kevin's Cross and its round tower dating back to 10th century. We take time to take a leisurely stroll along the river banks through the woods to the magnificent lakes, waterfalls and babbling brooks. Be sure to bring your camera! You will enjoy 1,5 hrs at Glendalough.
Hollywood Blockbusters 'PS I Love You' and 'Braveheart'
If you're a fan of the Hollywood Blockbusters 'PS, I Love You' and 'Braveheart' then you will now officially be on the set! You'll understand why Mel Gibson (an Irish passport holder) chose the Wicklow mountains to be the Highlands of Scotland, and Glendalough to be the spot for the wedding scene. And then of course there are all the romantic scenes from 'PS I Love You', this is where Hilary Swank met Gerard Butler for the first time so who knows you you might meet ;)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Wicklow Mountains National Park, Glendalough Village Ireland
We travel over the Wicklow Gap, which takes us way up into the Wicklow Mountains. This route allows spectacular panoramic views of the landscape, with amazing scenery stretching as far as the eye can see. We view traditional Irish bogs which provide the Irish householder with the source of energy that fuels our fires and provides power for many uses. Through the Wicklow Gap we also pass Turlogh waterfall, one of Ireland's most dramatic waterfalls and highest reservoir.
Stop At: Kilkenny, Kilkenny, County Kilkenny
Arrive in Kilkenny, once the medieval capital of Ireland back in the 11th century. Situated on the banks of the river Nore, enjoy the picturesque windy and cobblestone streets. Explore the gardens of the famed Norman Castle dating back to the 1100s. Consider going inside and taking a tour of its palatial interior for a small optional fee. You have plenty of time to wander the streets and visit the Black Abbey or possibly see the Cathedral of Saint Canice with its magnificent round tower. With our guaranteed 2hrs stop you shall also have plenty of time for relaxed lunch and maybe try a pint of Kilkenny in Kilkenny. This a magnificent city to enjoy and savor and shall be a highlight of your visit to Ireland.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Paddywagon Tours Ltd, 55 Gardiner Street Lower, Mountjoy, Dublin, D01 R223, Ireland
We take a leisurely drive back to Dublin thought the County of Kildare, and arrive back in the early evening (approx 6 pm) with plenty of time to attend a traditional evening with plenty of songs and stories after an amazing day out.
Departure Point :1: Paddy's Palace, 5 Beresford Pl, Gardiner Street Lower, Mountjoy, Dublin, Ireland
2: Tourist Information Centre O' Connell St, O'Connell St Tourist Information Centre, 14 Upper O'Connell Street Upper, North City, Dublin, D01 WP59, Ireland
3: Molly Malone Statue, Suffolk St, Dublin 2, D02 KX03, Ireland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Bookings made through Viator will automatically be signed up for Paddys Palace, Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin (collecting @ 09:00).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- If you wish to change your reservation to one of the other pick- up locations, you will need to contact us by telephone or email not later than 18:00 the evening prior so that we can guarantee the change. Please note the different collection times for O'Connell Street is at 09:10 and Suffolk Street is at 09:15.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 58 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Please note the H&S measures may change due to government guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.