Glendalough, Wicklow - Private Shore Excursion
Imagine that just an hour’s drive from bustling Dublin is a wilderness of deep verdant valleys, highland bog with wild deer and secluded mysterious lakes. This is a tour of epic scenery and fascinating history. Real Ireland awaits!
This tour is perfect for those who want to finally experience the 40 shades of green that Ireland is famous for; purposefully relax by filling your lungs & spirit with the freshness of the countryside (Lough Tay, Wicklow Gap, Blessington Lakes); delight in stories & histories about old Ireland (Glendalough); and indulge in great food and artisanal products (Avoca handweavers, Powerscourt House & Gardens).
Just like at all sites, your professional guide will recount the stories, explain the history and culture along the way.
You will arrive back at Dublin Port in good time for your departure. Always be sure to inform your guide of when you’d like to arrive back at the ship. We suggest 90mins at least to account for any traffic delays.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Purchase your own lunch
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wicklow Mountains National Park, Glendalough Village Ireland
Journey through Ireland's biggest National Park and admire the Irish wilderness at its peak. The park hosts ancient mountains, wild deer, unenclosed sheep, and vast highland bog and heather.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Glendalough Monastic Settlement, Ireland
Glendalough was one of the most important monasteries in Ireland back in the 12th century. It dates as far back as the 6th century, when it was founded by St. Kevin.
You’ll hear the many colourful stories about his adventures as we approach the site. We’ll enjoy a leisurely flat walk through some primordial woodland around the smaller lower lake, as we make our way towards the start of the bigger upper lake. There's a nice waterfall nearby which is up about 40 steps.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Powerscourt Gardens and House, Enniskerry Ireland
Powerscourt was built in the 18th century for the Wingfield family. The visit gives an insight into the decadence of British colonialism in Ireland.
The opulent estate includes a golf course, pet cemetery, gardens and waterfall.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Mill at Avoca Village, Millmount Mills, Avoca Ireland
(optional) Off we go to the truly charming village of Avoca to visit the oldest hand weavers in Ireland. You’ll experience a tour of the cottage (quite literally) factory, where you’ll see the looms, smell the wool and meet the craftspeople. On site there is a fabulous bistro for a healthy lunch or an indulgent one! This is also a great place to purchase some clothing actually made in Ireland.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Wicklow Gap, Wicklow Gap Road Ireland
(optional) A fantastic photo spot in the Wicklow Mountains
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Blessington Lakes, Wicklow Ireland
(optional) We'll pass through a very scenic area of lakeland
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Dublin Airport, Dublin Ireland
- Dublin Port Company, Port Centre, Alexandra Rd, North Dock, Dublin, D01 H4C6, Ireland
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Only you and your group will be on this tour. Please read the recent updates on Irish government websites: https://www.dfa.ie/ https://www.gov.ie in order to learn whether you need to self-isolate or quarantine after arriving in Ireland and before your tour date.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.