Glendalough,Wicklow and Kilkenny Tour including Sheepdog herding demonstration
Experience a real shepherd and his sheepdog at work , herding a flock of sheep at Glendalough.
Hike around one of Irelands most amazing outdoor locations. Visit the Wicklow Mountains and the majestic Glendalough.
You will experience the fantastic little city of Kilkenny, you can explore at your leisure the castles, abbeys, and city streets that have stood for hundreds of years.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Glendalough Woollen Mills
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Temple Bar, Dublin 2 Ireland
Briefly go past Temple Bar
Stop At: Kilkenny Castle Park, Castle Rd, Gardens, Kilkenny, Ireland
In Kilkenny, you can visit the Norman Kilkenny Castle that dates back to the 1100's. After exploring the gardens, you can watch a short film about the castle for free or spend the extra few euros to take a guided tour of the castle.
Alternately, you could pay to visit the Rothe House, a magnificent example of a wealthy silk merchant’s home built in 159.
Or you can just enjoy a walk on the cobbled streets of Kilkenny. Or visit the Black Abbey, the cathedral and much more. Kilkenny also has a proud food heritage and you will have the opportunity to enjoy lunch while in the city.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Wicklow Mountains National Park, Glendalough Village Ireland
Glendalough is a secluded and wonderful spot just south of Dublin. Truly one of the most beautiful sights you will see on a day tour from Dublin, Glendalough promises to impress with magnificent scenery and much more. Explore the lakes, monastic ruined city, waterfalls, and other attractions the area has to offer.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Glendalough Monastic Settlement, Ireland
Here you will have time to explore the ruined monastic city that dates back to the 10th century. You will also find magnificent lakes, waterfalls, and babbling brooks — everything you could want from one of Ireland’s most beautiful locations.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Glendalough Woollen Mills, Derrybawn, Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow, Laragh A67 A268 Ireland
Sheepdog herding is a tactic used by Shepherds to help them herd sheep and it is also a competitive dog sport. This tactic includes a Border Collie giving the sheep “The Eye” which is a direct stare used to intimidate the sheep while herding. A sheepdog is an integral part of farming culture and we want our passengers to experience this on our tour. Passengers will be able to see just how much a sheepdog can help its master and help them cut the work time in half with their help. The sheepdog possess qualities like loyalty and being hard working which makes a sheepdog the perfect farm companion.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :The Hugh Lane, Charlemont House, Parnell Square N, Rotunda, Dublin, D01 F2X9, Ireland
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for small children. If they are very used to travelling on a bus tour and very used to walking, please book 1 seat per child and bring your own child seat.
- Not recommended to those with walking disabilities (a fair amount of walking involved)
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, with heart complaints, pregnant women or other serious medical conditions
- If passengers are late to the pick up the bus will not wait for them even if they call the office before hand. Must make sure they are on time. If passengers are intoxicated at any stage of the tour they will not be allowed on/back on the bus.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The pick up point is in the City Centre so there is no parking available for passengers to leave their cars for the entire day.
- Use the bathroom prior to coming to the pick up point. Bring a packed lunch and also wear comfortable clothing, comfortable shoes as well as a rainproof jacket.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.