Glorious Sparta & Mystras Private Sightseeing
Enjoy a day at the famous Sparta whose attitude of life has inspired generations throughout the centuries! Visit Mystras, the second most significant town during the Byzantine Empire!
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking tour driver, best-mannered, fully aware of the Greek history & culture
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Licensed tour guide, only upon request and extra charge
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Sparta
- Entry/Admission - Mystras
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
Your private tour will start from Athens and drive you through a scenic and beatiful landscape inside the Peloponnese peninsula.Our first stop is the magnificent structure of the Corinth Canal, which is in Peloponnese, the southern peninsula of Greece. The Corinth Canal conects the Saronic with the Corinthian Gulf in the Aegean Sea.
A dream of the ancients, that came true in 1893. Time for rest and some amazing photos above the Corinth Canal.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Sparta, 71 Agiou Nikonos btwn Dafnou & Evangelistria, Sparta, Sparta Municipality 231 00 Greece
Then drive towards Sparta, The home of the brave Spartans. Don't be desatisfied with the place, because the Spartans invest on their military NOT in their culture, that's why they became so fearless. They were following the "Agogi" system, training from their 7th year till their 30th age to be SOLDIERS. That was their profession !There are some cultural structures mainly built from the Romans on the 1st century AD, when they captured the city.
You will visit the archaeological site, where is the Acropolis of Sparta ,olive trees and columns that prove the greatness of the city once. Have some great photos in front of King Leonidas Statue, who fought the Persian army in Thermopylae along with his 300 men. Then , you will visit the archaeological and the oil museum.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Mystras, 6km NW of Sparta, Sparta, Sparta Municipality 23100 Greece
When you feel hungry get ready to taste the famous Greek cuisine and have a memorable lunch;the tour will guide you to a traditional tavern at the small village of Mystras.It's up to you to choose from a variety of flavors of the most known Greek dishes . Mystras was one of the last Byzantine Outposts and the place that Constantinos Palaiologos, last Byzantine emperor lived.
Situated on the mount Taygetos, near to ancient Sparta and served the capital of the Byzintine Despotate of Morea in the 14th and 15th centuries.Very serious fortification buildings and churches can be found there from that time.
There you will visit the palace and the monasteries in Mystras, beginning from the Fortress Gate and ending at the Main Gate.
After that long visit, it is time to return back to Athens, having in our minds the Glory of Sparta and the Byzantine glamour of Mystras.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up / drop off at Athens hotelsPick up / drop off at Athens suburbs hotels under extra chargePick up / drop off at Athens airportPick up / drop off at Piraeus or Rafina portsPick up / drop off at designated places
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.