Glow Worm Tunnel Hike
Join us on a guided journey to the Lithgow regions iconic Glow Worm Tunnel in Wollemi National Park and be allured by the dazzling lights of its rare and elusive glow worms.
Following the historical footprint of the Wolgan Valley Railway, the Glow Worm Tunnel Hike meanders through fern tree laden gorges and mountain streams, past sandstone pagodas and spectacular panoramic views onto the aptly named Glow Worm Tunnel. Entering the former railway tunnel into complete darkness, guests are treated to a celestial like experience – the emergence of thousands of glow worms!
At Wolgan Valley Eco Tours we believe that walking is a great way to explore the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area. Our small group sizes, personalised service and experienced local guide offers guests a greater opportunity to experience and learn more about the history, ecology, flora and fauna, climate and geology that make this landscape unique.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Morning Tea including delicious baked goods
- Bottled water
- Use of headlamps
- Entry/Admission - Glow Worm Tunnel
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glow Worm Tunnel, Old Coach Road, Lithgow, New South Wales 2790 Australia
Following the historical footprint of the Wolgan Valley Railway, the Glow Worm Tunnel Hike traverses often steeply graded and densely forested slopes onto spectacular panoramic views of the Wolgan Valley. The trail meanders through fern tree laden gorges, sandstone pagodas and canyons and mountain streams to the aptly named Glow Worm Tunnel. Entering the former railway tunnel and into an environment of complete darkness, guests are treated
to what some would describe as a celestial experience – the emergence of thousands of glow worms.
The Glow Worm Tunnel Hike is a half day 9km round hike that is suitable for families to the adventure seeker.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Start Trail to the Glow-worm Tunnel, Old Coach Rd, Wolgan Valley NSW 2790, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.