Glymur waterfall hike, from Reykjavík
An amazing hike with a local tour guide, that will take you on an adventure of a lifetime! A drive in a beautiful landscape of Hvalfjörður Fjord, and a fantastic hike to the second highest waterfall in Iceland. We look forward to have you with us!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guides
What's excluded :
- Snacks - Please bring water bottle (to fill in the river) and snack for the experience
Glymur waterfall is a beautiful waterfall, located in a canyon in Hvalfjörður Fjord. It falls 198 meters and used to be the highest waterfall in Iceland. Due to warming, a new and higher waterfall has appeared.
The drive from Reykjavík to Glymur waterfall is about 1 hour. On the way we pass a beautiful landscape of the Hvalfjörður Fjord. The hike itself is about 3 hours and we hike along the river and the canyon to where Glymur is located. On the way there is a tree trunk over the river that we will cross. The hike from there to the viewpoint is sometimes very steep. The view from the top is amazing. Remember good shoes, warm clothes, rain clothes and your camera!
A challenging hike with some high cliffs. Not suitable for people afraid of heights!
Departure Point :Eiríksgata 2, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed here, please let us know where you are staying so that we can arrange a pick up!If you are staying at a hotel, hostel or apartment in downtown Reykjavík; The hotels do have a pick up place at certain bus stops, because they are not reachable by bus. Please let us know where you are staying and we can tell you which bus stop we can meet you!BUS STOP 1RÁÐHÚSIÐ/CITY HALLÁlfhóll GuesthouseButterfly Guesthouse Captain Reykjavík Ránargata CenterHotel PlazaCentrum Hotel Reykjavík Chez MoniqueCity Center Hotel Downtown Hostel Reykjavík Embassy Luxury Apartments Hilda HotelKvosin Downtown Hotel Lighthouse Apartments Metropolitan HotelOcean Comfort Apartments Reykjavik Harbour Apartments Three Sisters GuesthouseBUS STOP 2TJÖRNIN/THE PONDBaldursbrá Guesthouse Castle House Luxury ApartmentsCentral Guesthouse (Flying Viking) Galtafell GuesthouseBUS STOP 3LÆKJARGATA1919 Hotel Radisson Blu Apotek HotelBorg Hotel Reykjavik Konsulat Hotel ReykjavíkBUS STOP 4 - CLOSED TRYGGVAGATABUS STOP 5HARPABUS STOP 6SAFNAHÚSIÐ/CULTURE HOUSE101 Hotel41 – A Townhouse HotelB14 BankastrætiApartment K Hverfisgata 14 Apartment K Hverfisgata 37 Apartment K Ingólfsstræti 1a Apartment K Laugavegur 46 Apartment K Lindargata 60 Apartment K Þingholtsstræti 2-4 B14 SkólavörðustígurCanopy by HiltonCenterHotel Klöpp CenterHotel Skjaldbreið CenterHotel ÞingholtFrón HotelHome Luxury ApartmentsIon City HotelLoft HostelReykjavík4you Apartments BergstaðastraetiReykjavík Residence Hotel Reykjavík Residence Suites Room With a View HotelSand HotelSwan HouseBUS STOP 7 - CLOSED TRAÐARKOTBUS STOP 8HALLGRÍMSKIRKJACaptain Reykjavík BergstaðastraetiB47 HostelEric the Red Guesthouse Forsæla Apartmenthouse Guesthouse Aurora Guesthouse OdinnLeifur Eiríksson Hótel Loki Guesthouse Odinsvé HotelREY Apartments Sunna GuesthouseBUS STOP 9SNORRABRAUTHeida’s Home Skuggi HotelBUS STOP 10HLEMMUR100 Iceland Hotel101 Guesthouse4th Floor HotelAlda Hotel Reykjavík Hlemmur SquareOK Hotel Reykjavik4you Apartments LaugavegurStay Apartments LaugavegurBUS STOP 11AUSTURB ÆRGrettisborg Apartments House of PublishersI Sleep ReykjavíkIgdlo Guesthouse Norðurey Guesthouse Reykjavík Hostel Village Snorri GuesthouseStay Apartments GrettisgataBUS STOP 12HÖFÐATORGFosshotel Reykjavík Storm HotelBUS STOP 13RAUÐARÁRSTÍGURCenterHotel MiðgarðurPhoenix Hotel BUS STOP 14SKÚLAGATACenterHotel ArnarhvollAirports
- Reykjavik Domestic Airport, Reykjavik Iceland
- Port of Reykjavík
- Old Harbour, Miðbakki
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers afraid of hights
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.