Goa Heritage Shore Excursions by Make It Happen
It is a wonderful way of exploring and understanding Goa and his rich culture where we take you to meet extraordinary people. This tour offers expressions of art, music and culinary arts showcased by the people of Goa and the vivid story-telling of Goa by our hosts.
On this tour we will talk about some historical facts, unique Indo-Portuguese architecture and anecdotes from the past which will take you back to another era and at the same time draw parallels to the current lifestyle.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Fontainhas
- Entry/Admission - Divar Island
- Entry/Admission - Old Goa
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fontainhas, Panjim India
A walk through the old Latin quarter of Panjim - a satiating treat for photographers and history buffs as the place maintains to this day its Portuguese influence. The houses are dressed in yellow, green and blue, balconies fronted by wrought iron railings and tiled roofs transporting you to another era. Get access to heritage homes, appreciate Portuguese architecture, meet wonderful people and experience the cultural side of Goa like never before. We will take you to meet a renowned Goan musician who will perform Fado and Latin music.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Divar Island, Near Mandovi River, Panjim India
Catch a ferry and cross the Mandovi River to Divar Island. Experience a gem of old world charm, paddy fields, ancient temples, pretty churches, hidden caves, traditional houses and winding roads. Divar Island is so blissfully green and tranquil that you’re enticed to slip into a peaceful meditation. Meet and interact with people of the island who will share their perspective of conserving its tranquility. Enjoy an authentic home cooked meal hosted by the owners of a beautiful Indo-Portuguese home.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Old Goa, Goa Velha India
A walk through the remains of Goa’s former capital city providing the historical link from pre-Portuguese times to the present day where Old Goa is a World Heritage site, housing the best churches in all Asia. Delve into the past where Old Goa was a thriving city and considered the ‘Rome of the East’ between the 16th to the 18th centuries. Take a walk to sense that grandeur as you wander around towering churches, cathedrals and majestic convents.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Mormugao Port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.