Gobi Desert - The Land of Dinosaur including FREE ticket to Dinosaur Museum
For centuries, the nomadic people in Gobi Dessert have ubiquitously found some bones of strange creatures, what they called “Dragon bone”, worshiped them, keep them protected with care and refrained from breaking a part. Actually, the bones were no dragons', but it was belonged to dinosaurs that roamed the earth 70-75 million years ago. The place named Algui Ulaan Tsav, with dinosaur fossilized eggs and bones finds, is considering the paleontological site as of May 17, 2008 the place was taken under Local Environmental Preservation Zone.
You must see number of highlighted places if you want to go to the the Gobi Desert. You will be mesmerized more than just sand dunes. We put together best of the Gobi for you in only 7 days. You're going to see everything in this period of time. Experts considered that Mongolian Gobi was a bottom of the ocean in ancient times and perhaps a birthplace of the dinosaurs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Transportation Included
- Overnight accommodation
- 2 nights accommodation
- 3 nights accommodation
- 4 nights accommodation
- 5 nights accommodation
- 6 nights accommodation
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal equipments
- Optional activity cost
- Travel Insurance
- We will leave the city later afternoon and get there by midnight. Since we have better asphalt road we can get there within a couple of hours. It is important for us to explore and enjoy as much of the Mongolian culture and the Gobi Desert we can within the short period of time
Day 1: Go to Gobi Desert. Drive the west to the Khongor sand dunes, one of the most scenic areas of Gobi. It takes over 4-5 hours to reach the tourist Ger camp near the sand dunes. The dunes rise abruptly from the plain and in some places reaching a height of 200 meters and is extended over an area of 2-20 km in width and 180 km in length. There is a small river called Khongoryn Gol with dark green banks full of flowers along the side of the dunes. When it is windy some of the dunes give a strange sound like the engines of an airplane for which they are named the “singing dunes”. In the evening, we will climb up to one of the highest spots of the Singing Dune. We will have the opportunity to see the breathtaking view of the surrounding area and a sunshine panorama of sand dunes.
Day 2: Trip to Bayan Zag, the Flaming Cliffs (80 km) for exploring the Gobi "Cemetery of Dinosaurs" and the trail of Roy Chapman Andrews. En route to the ger camp, visit a camel breeder camp for a photo opportunity, camel riding session and explore the nomad's lifestyle. Enjoy an evening of the Gobi Desert peaceful night.
Day 3: Visit Eagle Valley National Park (40 km) for the trek and opportunity to photograph the stunning landscape, "Gobi Glacier” followed by coming back to Ulaanbaatar in the evening.
We truly hope this would be the most amazing trip you ever make and meet nice local nomad people and be in beautiful wild nature. It will be the unforgettable moments of your life.
Departure Point :We can pick you up from your hotel.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Any place in UB, you want us to pick you up.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.