Godfather Private Tour in Savoca and Forza d'Agro with Wine and Dinner Option
Private tour by a comfortable car with a personal tour leader to the must-see Sicilian hill towns world-known thanks to F.F. Coppola, who filmed his legendary "The Godfather" here, Top 3 of the Greatest American Movies. Get the friendly and informative insight into the filming process and interesting trivia, learn the real Sicilian Mafia story, its structure, rise and development, and anti-Mafia fight. Discover the history and culture of the movie locations and Sicily itself, and feel the romantically rustic atmosphere of old Sicily. Walk along the authentic streets of Savoca and Forza d’Agro remained unchanged since the movie was made, visit ancient churches, Bar Vitelli where Michael spoke to Apollonia’s father, and other locations. Optionally, you may have food and wine tasting on a terrace with a breathtaking view of the sea and surrounding countryside at one of the best wine bars in Savoca, and have traditional fish dinner at a fine fish restaurant in Forza D'Agro.
per adult from
4 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour exclusively for your party – nobody else, to ensure the highest standards for our guests.
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off by private comfortable air-conditioned car
- Round-trip transportation by private air-conditioned car that operates only for you
- Bottled water
- Personal local English speaking driver/guide
- Walking tour of Savoca and Forza d'Agro
- Lesson about The Godfather movie and the real Mafia history
- Food and wine tasting in Savoca (if option selected)
- Dinner at a fish restaurant in Forza d'Agro (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Porta Messina
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Porta Messina, Corso Umberto 1, 98039, Taormina, Sicily Italy
During "The Godfather" tour, you will walk along the authentic picturesque streets of Savoca and Forza d'Agro remained unchanged since the movie was made, visit ancient churches, famous Bar Vitelli where Michael Corleone asked Apollonia's father her hand in marriage, church where they married, and other movie locations.
Optionally, you may taste perfect Sicilian wines and locally produced food sitting on a terrace with a panoramic view of the Ionian coast and surrounding countryside at one of the best wine bars in Savoca, and have traditional fish dinner at a fine fish restaurant in Forza d'Agro.
First stop is Savoca, an unspoilt medieval town that near Taormina that acted as stand-in for Corleone where Michael was hiding out during the "going to the mattresses" time. Here you will visit Bar Vitelli that looks exactly the way it did in the movie, and see the exact spot where Al Pacino informed Apollonia's father that his name was Michael Corleone, and that "there are people who'd pay a lot of money for that information, but then your daughter would lose a father instead of gaining a husband". Here you can take pictures with an authentic Sicilian shotgun "Lupara", see pictures from the movie and a mirror monument for Coppola, enjoy panoramic view of the Mediterranean opening from the square where the wedding ceremony scene was shot, purchase The Godfather souvenirs, and - "leave the gun, take the cannoli" - taste original Sicilian cannoli and lemon granita at Bar Vitelli.
Then you will walk to an ancient church of Santa Lucia, where Michael and Apollonia were married kneeling in the doorway. Then follow the same path down the hill that the newlyweds did, and visit another old church dating back to the 13th century. Walking along the fabulous streets of Savoca, on a good day you can also meet some actors - for example a lady who played Apollonia's mother and who still lives in Savoca.
Later, optionally you can visit Enoteca near Santa Lucia church, and on a terrace with romantic sea view taste Sicilian red and white wines paired with traditional food (locally produced cheeses, salami, prosciutto, caponata, home-made jelly, olives, extra virgin olive oil and fresh home-made bread).
The tour will continue in Forza d'Agro, another stunning hilltop town with a "Godfather" connection. You will walk the abandoned streets ("Where have all men gone?" - "They're dead from vendettas"), explore the historic square and see the pictures from the movie, visit ancient churches, see the piazza where young Vito Andolini (later Vito Corleone) escaped Don Ciccio's men by hiding in a basket on a donkey's back, walk up to see the remains of a 12th century Norman castle, admire delightful panoramic view of the Ionian coastline, and get a flavor of the Sicilian pastoral lifestyle remained unchanged since ancient times.
Then, you can optionally have lunch or dinner at one of the best fish restaurants in Sicily and taste many kinds of traditional fish dishes with Sicilian red and white wines.
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: Bar Vitelli, Savoca, Sicily Italy
Famous Bar Vitelli
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your private guide will pick you up at your accommodation, port or train station in Taormina, Catania, Messina and nearby towns.Important: when making a booking, please select a tour option depending on your pickup location and food options that you would like to opt for. Ports
- Taormina port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We have private tours, only for your party, however at the beginning of the excursion we will give each guest a mask, protective gloves and hand sanitizer.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.