Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek - 14 Days
Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is a beautiful journey to the enticing Gokyo lakes and Gokyo Ri which is one of the most amazing viewpoints for great views of Everest and other Himalayas. The 14-day trip begins in Kathmandu where we visit several heritage sites. The Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is an alternative to classical treks in the Everest region. Instead, it takes us to the turquoise Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri which provides exceptional views of Everest and the Himalayas. We also get to marvel at the massive Ngozumpa Glacier and the Gokyo valley from Gokyo Ri.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Included in the Cost
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Not Included in the Cost
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
- Outline Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1300 m/4264 ft)
Day 02: Kathmandu trek preparation
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,800 m/9,184 ft), trek to Phakding (2,652 m/8,700 ft): 3 - 4 hours
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m/11,283 ft): 5 - 6 hours
Day 05: Namche Bazaar: acclimatization
Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Phorse (3810 m/ 12,496 ft): 5 - 6 hours
Day 07: Phorse Village to Machhermo-(4,470 m/ 14,663 ft): 5 - 6 hours
Day 08: Machharmo to Gokyo (4800 m/15,744 ft): 5 - 6 hours
Day 09: Gokyo Valley: Climb Gokyo Ri (5357 m/17,570 ft) and hike to fifth lakes: 5 - 6 hours
Day 10: Gokyo to Dole: 3 - 4 hours
Day 11: Dole to Namche Bazaar: 4 - 5 hours
Day 12: Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 6 - 8 hours
Day 13: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 14: Final departure
Departure Point :Mega Mount Trekking & Expedition Pvt.Ltd Thamel Kathmandu .
Departure Time :Early Morning Kathmandu To Lukla .
Return Detail :Lukla To Kathmandu .
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Trip Introduction
- Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is a beautiful journey to the enticing Gokyo lakes and Gokyo Ri which is one of the most amazing viewpoints for great views of Everest and other Himalayas. The 14-day trip begins in Kathmandu where we visit several heritage sites. The Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is an alternative to classical treks in the Everest region. Instead, it takes us to the turquoise Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri which provides exceptional views of Everest and the Himalayas. We also get to marvel at the massive Ngozumpa Glacier and the Gokyo valley from Gokyo Ri.
- Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri trek is for those who like to walk in the Everest region without the physical stress of reaching the base camp of Everest or crossing high passes in the vicinity. It is instead for travelers who wish to try something new in the Everest region. However, for trekkers who want to reach the base camp of the world’s tallest mountain then Everest Base Camp Trek: 16 days is ideal. Another option for trekkers who like to conquer high mountain passes in the Everest region is the Everest High Passes Trek: 20 days.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.