Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek
Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is 12 days popular trek in Everest region also known as Gokyo valley trek. This trek begins from Kathmandu with scenic 30 minutes flight to Lukla. This trek offers amazing views of Mt. Everest and other Himalayas from Gokyo Ri at the elevation of 5386 m, Ngozumpz Glacier, Gokyo Lakes and valley.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop from and to airport by private vehicle.
- Hotels in Kathmandu on BB plan.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu airfare and airport departure tax.
- All twin sharing accommodation in lodges during the trek.
- Government license holder English speaking local guide.
- The required number of local staff and Porters. (2 clients : 1 porter)
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, medicine for all trekking staffs.
- Sagarmatha National Park permit and TIMS permit for trek.
- Duffle kit bag. (yours to keep)
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- All our government taxes.
- Official expense.
- Farewell Dinner with family.
What's excluded :
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- All meals during the trek. (your guide will helps to order you meal)
- Travel Insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
- Trekking in Gokyo valley is one of the most beautiful trekking route in Nepal. This route comprises the largest glacier in the Himalaya (the Ngozumpa Glacier),The beautiful lakes, view of five 8000m peaks from Gokyo Ri, Verities of flora and fauna, opportunity to experience the Buddhist religion and culture. The Gokyo Lake is located on the west side of the Ngozumpa Glacier. The Gokyo Ri is the most awaited achievement among the trekkers who really pondering to explore different verities of beauties such as mountain panorama, flora and fauna, religion and culture. Apart of the above mentioned features; Namche Bazaar and Khumjung Village "The home Land of Sherpa's" are also remarkable in this trip.
• Scenic flight to and Lukla.
• Step inside and experience life as the mountain people live.
• Visiting Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Valley.
• Amazing views of the Himalaya from Gokyo Ri including Mt. Everest, Cho Oyu and Makalu.
• Impressive Ngozumpz Glacier.Itinarary
Day 01- Arrive at Kathmandu Airport (1340 masl) and trip information.
Day 02- Fly to Lukla and trek 3hours to Phakding (2640masl).
Day 03- Trek 6 hours to Namche Bazaar (3440masl).
Day 04- Hike to Everest View Hotel (3880masl) for acclimatization and back to Namche.
Day 05- Trek 5 hours to Dole (4130masl).
Day 06- Trek 4 hours to Machchhermo (4470masl).
Day 07- Trek 5 hours to Gokyo (4770masl). Explore around the glacier.
Day 08- Climb 3 hours to Gokyo RI (5383masl) and trek 5 hours down to Machchhermo via Gokyo.
Day 09- Trek 7 hours back to Namche via Khumjung village.
Day 10- Trek 7 hours to Lukla.
Day 11- Fly out from Lukla to Kathmandu and farewell Dinner with family.
Day 12- Transfer to international airport for your final Departure.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Equipment checklist (Mandatory)
- Down jacket and sleeping bag.
- Wind and waterproof jacket and pants.
- Long underwear of polypropylene or wool and Fleece pullover or jacket.
- Technical clothing which is light and dries quickly (Long and half sleeves T-shirts)
- Light trekking pants
- Normal t-shirt
- Socks: cotton and woolen
- Underwear and towel
- Warm hat, gloves, sun hat, sun glasses, sunscreen, lip care.
- Rain coat or poncho
- Head lamp with spare batteries
- Water bottle and water purifier
- Proper fitting boots
- Jogging shoes/sandal
- Day pack
- Soap and shampoo
- Tooth paste, tooth brush, nail cutter with filer
- Hand washing gel
- Spare battery for camera
- Safety pad (for women)
- First aid kit
- Toilet paper
- Optional equipment
- Walking poles
- Reading materials
- Swiss army knife or similar
- Super glue and sewing needle
- Pocket music player : iPod or mp3 or mp4
- Ear plugs (for sleeping despite dog barking)
- Bathing suit
- Safety razor and its belonging
- Pocket note books
- GPS and Satellite phone
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.