Golan Heights Biblical Day Trip from Tel Aviv
Experience an unforgettable tour of the Golan Heights
Our tour begins as we leave Tel-Aviv traveling north on the coastal road along the Mediterranean Sea and passing the cities of Hertzilya and Natanya. Visit border hot springs and a Talmudic village, explore the ruins of a 6th-century synagogue and spot ancient Hebrew inscriptions. Take in views from the top of an extinct volcano above the Quneitra Valley, and get a birds-eye view over one of the Levant’s most contested regions.
• Full day trip to Golan Heights
• Explore the ancient Golan Heights village of Katzrin on a walking tour
• A professional and pleasant guide
• Includes all entrance fees
• Pickup and drop-off
• Instant Confirmation
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Includes all entrance fees
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Katzrin Village and Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Antiquities in the Golan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mediterranean Sea
Our tour begins as we leave Tel-Aviv traveling north on the coastal road along the Mediterranean Sea and passing the cities of Hertzilya and Natanya. We turn inland and travel through the plain of Armageddon as mentioned in Revelations.
Pass By: Megiddo, Megiddo, Northern District
From here we can see Megiddo site of an ancient Biblical city
Pass By: Jordan Valley, Jordan Valley, Northern District
Travel through the Jordan Valley
Pass By: Sea of Galilee, Tiberias Israel
.When we reach the southernmost point of the Sea of Galilee we stop to look down on the sea from above and take in the gorgeous pastoral vista. The panoramic view which lies before us has the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) in the foreground and the undulating Golan Heights forming a dramatic backdrop.
Pass By: Hamat Gader Park, Tiberias 15171 Israel
We cross the Jordan River at the foot of the Golan Heights and begin our ascent passing through Hamat Gader.
Today Hamat Gader is a popular spa destination just as it was for the Romans almost 2000 years ago. We continue on through the lush green countryside until we reach the Shalom Observatory. From here we have a stunning view looking back at the Sea of Galilee beneath us. It is easy to understand the strategic importance of the Heights as we see the Israeli city of Tiberias in the distance on the edge of the Sea of Galilee.
Stop At: Ancient Katzrin Village and Synagogue, Ancient Katzrin village, Katzrin
We travel on to Katzrin where excavations have uncovered a village from the Mishnah and Talmud periods. The village has been partially restored and we can see the archaeological findings which include a synagogue, houses and an oil press. Here we can also see evidence of former volcanic activity in the Golan Heights as black basalt rock forms part of the landscape.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Museum of Antiquities in the Golan, מרכז מסחרי הישן איתן, Qatsrin
Katzrin, a city sometimes referred to as the Capital of the Golan. As far back as the Middle Bronze Age this location has been occupied, and later the Romans, Mamluks, Ottomans and even French have ruled this picturesque city. Here we visit the Golan Antiquities Museum where we see findings from the region and the nearby archeological site. The museum displays artifacts and has audiovisual presentations about the city of Gamla. We learn of Gamla, the historic Second Temple Era Jewish city which has been excavated nearby.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Bental, Golan Heights Volcanic Park
We continue to Mount Bental to see what remains of Syrian fortifications. The Syrian bunkers, base and trenches were captured by the Israeli's in the Six Day War of 1967.
From here we can see how close Syria is as we look down on the Syrian city of Kuneitra just beyond the Canadian UN forces which have protected this peaceful border since the cease fire in 1974.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :1: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
2: Netanya, Israel
3: Herzliya, Israel
Traveler pickup is offered
• Pickup from Tel Aviv 07:15AM
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Hotel pickup and drop off (From Tel Aviv, Netanya, Herzliya)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum starting age for the tour is 4 years old.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.