Golden Circle & Black Beach ATV tour Live Guide and Touch-Screen Audio Guide
Follow Iceland’s Golden Circle route and explore the UNESCO–listed Thingvellir National Park on this day tour from Reykjavik. Travel with a guide into the Thingvellir National Park and discover the geothermal lakes, soaring peaks, and rugged landscapes for which the region is famous. Take in top attractions including the hot springs at Geysir and Gullfoss waterfall, and marvel at the spectacular natural scenery you find. Shoot across a black volcanic beach of Iceland's South Coast, on an ATV adventure fit for all true lovers of excitement and nature. With your on-board audio guide, gain insight into Iceland’s colourful history and fascinating geology. Tour includes round-trip travel from Reykjavík Terminal.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages
- On board free WiFi
- USB charger available in every seat
- Entry/Admission - Geysir
- Entry/Admission - Gullfoss
What's excluded :
- Food & drinks
- Headphones / earbuds for the on-board audio guide
- Hotel pickup is not included with your purchase. SmartBus™ hotel pickup is available at extra cost.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
Located on the northern shores of Þingvallavatn (Iceland's largest lake), Þingvellir (anglicized as 'thingvellir') is the national pride of Iceland and our first National Park. It is, for one, a key location in Icelandic history as the oldest existing parliament in the world first assembled there in 930 AD. For this reason, Þingvellir has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is, therefore, a protected national park due to its unique geology and natural features. From the viewing area, the Almannagjá canyon between two tectonic plates can be seen, a visual representation of continental drift.
As the first stop along the tour, you will have an opportunity to walk through the park and use the restroom if needed.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Geysir, Haukadalur Iceland
A favourite stop along the Golden Circle is the highly active Geysir Hot Spring Area with boiling mud pits and the lively Strokkur which spouts water 30 meters (100 ft) into the air every few minutes.The area became active more than 1000 years ago and comprises more than a dozen hot hot spring holes. Although one can only see steam emerging from the surface of Geysir these days, its name was adopted to represent spouting hot springs all over the world.
Along the tour, the newly opened Geysir Center offers guests and travellers a chance to use the restroom and to catch some refreshments as well as lunch.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Gullfoss, White River, Blaskogabyggd 801 Iceland
As one of the most popular attractions in all of Iceland, Gullfoss is a waterfall located in the canyon of Hvítá river in the southwest of the country. The beautiful Hvítá river rushes southward in three steps into a narrow canyon with a breathtaking roar and grandeur. Furthermore, on clear days the magnificent Langjökull glacier, Iceland's second largest glacier, can be seen in the distance.
Guests and Travelers may use the restroom and purchase food and refreshments at this location as well.
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Stop At: Thorlakshofn, Thorlakshofn, South Region
An ATV / QUAD tour on the black volcanic beach by Þorlákshöfn where you can enjoy riding an ATV on the black beach by the blue Atlantic ocean.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Because of traffic limitations, customers staying in postcode 101 might have to make their way to the closest pick-up spot. Your hotel receptionist can help you find out which one that is. If you are staying in a private accommodation, please contact the local supplier to knowPlease note: pickup is not available from Airbnb or private housing. Please contact the operator for information information on the nearest pick up location to your accommodation.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Audio-guide languages available: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.