Golden Circle & Northern Lights by Boat - German Option
Experience the thrilling forces of nature on a daytime Golden Circle tour and evening Northern Lights cruise from Reykjavik. Follow Iceland’s famous sightseeing route to discover its three natural wonders: Geysir geothermal field, the tectonic rift at Thingvellir National Park; and the spectacular Gulfoss Waterfall. Then, enjoy a 2-3 hour Northern Lights cruise to look for nature’s magic show in the night skies. The exact length of the tour depends on the sightings. Watch for the lights from deck as you learn about the phenomenon and sip on warming hot drinks.
Please note: the Golden Circle tour is available with German guidance on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. The Northern Lights by Boat tour is always guided in English.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Golden Circle: hotel transfers
- Golden Circle: bus transportation & admission to all activities
- Experienced guide on both tours
- Northern Lights by Boat: warm overalls for every passenger
- Northern Lights by Boat: WiFi, cafe & restrooms on board!
- NEW - Special Tours App (available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Chinese)
- Entry/Admission - Fridheimar
- Entry/Admission - Thingvellir National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (unless otherwise stated)
- Northern Lights by Boat: hotel transfers (available to book with supplier for additional fee)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fridheimar, Reykholt 801 Iceland
Your Golden Circle tour starts with a visit to Fridheimar greenhouse. You will learn about greenhouses in Iceland, how to grow tomatoes in an eco-friendly way (their specialty) and how they use innovative methods to manage pests with biological controls.where we learn about the magical methods of managing pests by using biological controls.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Geysir, Geysir, South Region
Geysir is located in the south of Iceland, near an area called Laugarvatn. The most popular feature of Geysir is called Strokkur, which is a very active geysir that shoots water into the air for up to 30 meters (98 feet) every few minutes.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Gullfoss, White River, Blaskogabyggd 801 Iceland
The tour continues to one of the most photographed waterfalls in Iceland: Gullfoss. This waterfall is created by the Hvítá river, which plunges dramatically into a crevice some 32 m (105 ft.) deep, giving you amazing views and great photography opportunities.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
Finally, Þingvellir National Park is famous both for historic and geologic reasons. It is the site of the oldest parliament in the world, the Alþingi. You can also see the Mid-Atlantic ridge above the ground, where the Eurasian and North-American tectonic plates are pulling the land apart by a few centimeters each year.
Your Golden Circle tour ends with a drop off to your hotel back in Reykjavík. You will then have 3-4 hours before your Northern Lights by Boat tour departs.
Duration: 55 minutes
Stop At: Geirsgata, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
The Northern Lights tour with Special Tours departs at 21:00 from October 1st – March 14th, and at 22:00 from March 15th – April 15th & September 1st – September 30th. If you have added hotel the extra pick-up for this tour it will begin 60 minutes prior to departure.
Our tour sets sail from the Old Harbour in Reykjavík’s city center, and in just 15-20 minutes you will be in a prime location away from the pollution from the city lights – perfect for viewing auroras! Your guide will share facts on the science science behind the magical phenomenon of the Northern Lights, and tell you stories & myths about the lights from different cultures around the world. The tour takes roughly 2-3 hours depending on how early/late the lights might appear.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Umferðarmiðstöðin BSÍ, Iceland, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
2: Geirsgata 11, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is included for the Golden Circle portion of the tour (Reykjavík). Please contact supplier after booking to confirm your pick-up location. Pick-up begins at 8:30 and is operated by Reykjavík Excursions.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are following all health & safety guidelines in accordance with the Icelandic government. The gathering ban is set to 500 people, meaning that all of our tours can sail at full capacity. We are still limiting the number of passengers allowed on tours to ensure space for social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.