Golden Circle & Northern lights in Iceland
The Golden Circle Tour is where we visit the country´s three iconic natural treasures: Þingvellir National Park, where the American and
Eurasian plates have been pulling apart; the erupting geyser that sends water and steam spouting skywards; and the spectacular Gullfoss Waterfall where a
glacial river thunders 32 meters into a canyon. When night falls we set off hunting for the magical and elusive Northern Lights. Of course it all depends on the weather forecast and visibility conditions as to whether we go, so do keep this in mind. And, don´t forget, the Auroras are only visible during the winter months.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up for both tours.
- Touch screen audio guide with a choice of 10 languages
- Use of astronomy binocular and camera tripods
- Free photos of you and the northern lights (when spotted)
- Wi-fi and USB charger for each seat
- Complimentary star map
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Northern Lights Bus
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Headphones / earbuds for the on-board audio guide (please bring your own; or, they are available for purchase on site)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
We will start off from Reykjavík Terminal at Skógarhlíð 10.
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
Located on the northern shores of Þingvallavatn (Iceland's largest lake), Þingvellir (anglicized as 'thingvellir') is the national pride of Iceland and our first National Park. It is, for one, a key location in Icelandic history as the oldest existing parliament in the world first assembled there in 930 AD. For this reason, Þingvellir has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is, therefore, a protected national park due to its unique geology and natural features. From the viewing area, the Almannagjá canyon between two tectonic plates can be seen, a visual representation of continental drift.
As the first stop along the tour, you will have an opportunity to walk through the park and use the restroom if needed.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Geysir, Geysir, South Region
A favorite stop along the Golden Circle is the highly active Geysir Hot Spring Area with boiling mud pits and the lively Strokkur which spouts water 30 meters (100 ft) into the air every few minutes.The area became active more than 1000 years ago and comprises more than a dozen hot hot spring holes. Although one can only see steam emerging from the surface of Geysir these days, its name was adopted to represent spouting hot springs all over the world.
Along the tour, the newly opened Geysir Center offers guests and travelers a chance to use the restroom and to catch some refreshments as well as lunch.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Gullfoss, White River, Blaskogabyggd 801 Iceland
As one of the most popular attractions in all of Iceland, Gullfoss is a waterfall located in the canyon of Hvítá river in the southwest of the country. The beautiful Hvítá river rushes southward in three steps into a narrow canyon with a breathtaking roar and grandeur. Furthermore, on clear days the magnificent Langjökull glacier, Iceland's second largest glacier, can be seen in the distance.
Guests and travellers may use the restroom and purchase food and refreshments at this location as well.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Northern Lights Bus, Skógarhlíð 10, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
We will start off from Reykjavík Terminal and head outside the city to get as far from light pollution as possible. The location we go to varies from night to night since the weather forecast plays a big influence on choosing the location. We always try to get to the best possible sight with the best chances to view northern lights. The location can be anywhere from 30-60 minutes from Reykjavik.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your hotel in Reykjavik is between 7:30 AM and 08:00 AMPlease be ready at 7:30 AM outside your accommodation or nearest bus stop for your pick up. (please note that the tour departs from Reykjavik at 08:00 AM). Please be on the lookout for our GREEN smart bus coaches for the pick up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Audio guide available in: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Finnish Note: The Northern Lights are only visible over the winter months
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.