Golden Circle and Laugarvatn Fontana Private Tour from Reykjavik
This comprehensive tour covers all the major attractions of southwest Iceland with a visit to Laugarvatn Fontana geothermal hot springs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in the capital area
- Private transportation
- 1.5-hour stop at Laugarvatn Fontana
- WiFi in vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths
- Entry/Admission - Kerid Crater
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- The Golden Circle
This comprehensive tour covers all the major attractions of southwest Iceland, beginning with a drive to the national park and former parliament site at Thingvellir known for its high level of seismic activity and continuing through the mountains to the area around the lake Laugarvatn.
Next stop is Geysir, the world’s most famous hot spring, and Strokkur, its smaller neighbour, which erupts in a spectacular of blue water every few minutes. The trip then continues to Gullfoss, the Queen of Icelandic waterfalls, onwards to the Secret Lagoon, and last but not the least, Kerið a volcanic crater before returning to Reykjavík via the garden village of Hveragerði.
A rejuvenating stop
Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths is a must experience en route to the Golden Circle. The Baths are one of the natural wonders of this geothermal area south of the capital, along with popular attractions such as Thingvellir National Park, Geysir and Gullfoss. Laugarvatn Fontana rests on the shores of the beautiful Lake Laugarvatn, which can be admired from the baths. The community of Laugarvatn has a long tradition of using the mineral-rich healing waters of the area for relaxation and restoration of body, mind and soul.
Laugarvatn Fontana is a reinvigorating site where you can enjoy the healing powers of the geothermal water; soak in a natural pool, listen to the bubbling hot spring in the steam rooms, or for the venturesome, take a dip in the refreshing lake. The warm pools and hot pots vary in depth, size, and temperature just like the three traditional steam rooms.
Like many locations in Iceland, Laugarvatn belongs to a hot zone. In the grounds of the village, the lake and the shore of the lake, boiling waters erupt into hot springs. The hot water and springs have been used for cooking, bathing, geothermal house heating and healing steam bathing since 1929.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pickup at any accommodation in the capital area.Ports
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note, infants must be transported in a suitable child restraint which can be organized prior pickup
- Remember your swimsuits and a towel.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.