Golden Circle and The Blue lagoon Private Day Tour from Reykjavik
This tour will take you straight to all the interesting sights of south-west Iceland without any inconvenience and give you time to explore the natural wonders you encounter, before finishing up with a relaxing soak in the famed Blue Lagoon, named by National Geographic as one of the wonders of the world. With plenty of time to explore the natural wonders encountered along the way, guaranteed small group, and local guide who takes the roads less travelled, this is assured to be a tour you won’t forget.
No more switching buses. Lunch break at 12 noon (not 3 pm).
No early arrivals.
No detours into Reykjavík between attractions.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to the Blue Lagoon NOT INCLUDED. Pre booking a visit to the Blue Lagoon is required.
- The first stop on the tour is Þingvellir National Park, where you can witness the primordial power of a country in the making by walking between two tectonic plates that are slowly inching apart. The rocky canyons, ridges, and glittering volcanic lakes that make up this dramatic UNESCO World Heritage site is also where the Icelandic Vikings established the world’s first parliament in 930, the AlÞingi.
From Þingvellir, the tour makes its way into Haukadalur Valley, an exciting area full of hot springs that’s home to the second stop along the Golden Circle, Geysir. While the area’s namesake Geysir isn’t so active anymore, it’s fierce little brother Strokkur is exactly the opposite; every 4-5 minutes it bubbles up and explodes in a plume of water that shoots up 20 meters into the air. The volcanic power that churns just below the surface in Iceland becomes ever more apparent after witnessing this and admiring the boiling hot springs dotted throughout the hills of the valley.
The final stop on the Golden Circle is the most majestic – Gullfoss, or the Golden Waterfall. At the very edge of the desolate Icelandic highlands, Gullfoss thunders down two sets of cliffs, plunging 32 meters into the canyon below where it disappears in a shroud of mist. The waterfall runs along the river Hvítá which originates from the glacier Langjökull and is no doubt one of the most beautiful sights in Iceland.
After Gullfoss, the tour will head south to cruise along the quiet coastal road with a quick stop at Krýsuvík geothermal area, where the bubbling mud springs have stained the earth around them with incredible hues of yellows, blues and greys. Next up is the world famous Blue Lagoon, the perfect end to a day of travelling. Pools of azure-blue water lie embedded in the middle of a chaotic mess of lava rocks, the water temperature hovering between 37-39°C (98-102°F). A leisurely 2 hours is spent in the lagoon before hopping back on the bus to Reykjavík.
As with all our tours, we focus on environmentally friendly travel. This means small tour groups, travelling the lesser known roads to our destinations, and surprise stops at some hidden gems along the way!
ATTENTION! BEFORE YOU BOOK THE TOUR PLEASE READ THIS – PRE BOOKING IS REQUIRED.
Before you book this tour please make sure that you check availability in the Blue Lagoon and make reservation for Blue Lagoon entry. Availability to the Blue Lagoon is limited and therefore all guests must complete a Blue Lagoon reservation before booking our tour below. Blue Lagoon entry should be booked at 4pm on the day of the tour or 5pm if 4pm is sold out.
Departure Point :Your hotel or the nearest bus stop if the hotel fits that criteria.
Departure Time :Departures at 8:30am in summer and 9:00am during winter November 15th – February 15th).
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.