Golden Circle Day Trip from Reykjavik with Glacier Snowmobile Experience
See spouting geysers, experience the magnificent Gullfoss waterfall, and follow in the footsteps of vikings in Thingvellir National Park as you walk between the American and European continents. Finish up your 10-hour guided tour by stepping aboard a super truck and heading off into the glacier-covered central highlands to ride a snowmobile across one of the biggest glaciers in the world.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Finnish)
- English-speaking local guide
- Free WiFi on board
- USB charger
- All necessary equipment for the snowmobile ride
- Entry/Admission - Thingvellir National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Headphones / earbuds for the on-board audio guide (please bring your own; or, they are available for purchase on site)
- Hotel pickup is not included with your purchase. SmartBus™ hotel pickup is available at extra cost.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
The tour starts with a visit to Þingvellir National Park, the birthplace of the longest running parliament in the world. It is also here that the great continental plates of America and Eurasia have dramatically pulled apart and the resulting rift valley is clearly visible on the shores of Iceland´s biggest lake.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Strokkur, Haukadalsvegur, Geysir Iceland
The next stop is at Geysir Hot Springs, the home of the original geyser and one of the most photographed tourist attractions in world. Here the ground trembles and super heated water & steam erupts skywards from the spouting Strokkur geyser every few minutes.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Langjokull Glacier, Iceland
Next we head to Gullfoss Waterfall where you will step aboard a custom-made Super Truck that´s capable of driving across rough snowy terrain thanks to its enormous tyres. The drive to the snowmobile base camp at the foot of the Langjökull Glacier is an unique Arctic highland experience and the snowmobile tour that follows is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
Ride across the eternally frozen snow and ice fields of one of the biggest glaciers in the world on a guided snowmobile tour, exploring one of the last true wilderness areas in Europe and indeed the world.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Gullfoss, White River, Blaskogabyggd 801 Iceland
When you return from your snowmobile adventure you can enjoy a leisurely walk down to Gullfoss Waterfall. There the Hvítá glacial river cascades down 32 metres on two levels into a narrow canyon with a thundering roar.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is six years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note, you must hold a valid drivers license to drive a snowmobile
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.