Golden Circle Tour
The Golden Circle is a day tour in the south of Iceland which covers around 300km, looping from the capital, Reykjavík, into central Iceland and back. You'll travel from Reykjavík to Thingvellir National Park, a location of historical significance and a national park due to its unique geology and natural features.
Together with Þingvellir and the geysers of Haukadalur, Gullfoss forms the Golden Circle
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English Speaking Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
One of the oldest extant parliamentary institutions in the world, Thingvellir, was established in around 930 and continued to convene there until 1798. So often the stage for major events in the history of Iceland, Thingvellir is now a national park with a protected area that will always be the property of the Icelandic nation, under the preservation of the Althing. Thingvellir was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2004.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Gullfoss, White River, Blaskogabyggd 801 Iceland
The tour progresses to the Gullfoss waterfall. The wide Hvita river rushes southwards and about a kilometre above the fall it turns sharply to the left and flows down into a wide curved three-step 'staircase' before abruptly plunging into two stages (11m and 21m), forming a crevice 32m deep. As you first approach the fall, the crevice is obscured from view, and it appears that a mighty river simply vanishes into the earth.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Haukadalur, Haukadalur, South Region
The geothermal active valley of Haukadalur is your next destination - here, you can have lunch (not included) and watch a geyser erupt. Unfortunately, the geyser has been somewhat shy in recent decades. When the geyser does perform, once or twice a year, it spews a jet of steaming water 200 feet skyward. Far more reliable, though less spectacular, is nearby Strokkur, which spouts a 60-100 foot jet about once every five minutes. The geyser area is also full of walking paths that lead past steaming vents, colourful and mineral-rich mud formations.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Grandagarður 2, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/19/2020 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.